View Single Post
Old 2011-06-27, 08:01 PM   #119
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Understanding ALL the equipment in the bus, PA, timing, etc. and being able to set it up and troubleshoot it is a skill that needs to be spread around. We keep killing the one person that knows how to do it.

We really need one or more people from every run group that actually understands computers and electronics to some extent. None of it is difficult if you have most any sort of hands dirty tech background.

Cables have to be plugged in to the right places and have continuity. Things have to be turned on/have power. PC has to be connected to other stuff correctly and files/directories managed. Last but not least, actually know the software and how to setup an event and add/edit driver and time info in real time and post run group.

Results are only a nightmare when you are trying to recreate them after the fact with bad paper. They are trivial to fix before a driver takes a run, during the run group or right after a run group and get exponentially harder after that.

As Scott said, Hawthorne scoring via spreadsheet was easy when the data was clean.

Last edited by Dean; 2011-06-27 at 08:06 PM.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote