View Single Post
Old 2004-07-21, 10:37 AM   #21
ScottyS
EJ205

Car: 1998 Impreza Wagon, 1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan, 2003 Nissan Xterra
Class: tvFree

Yes, I'll fix it for you. Again.

OK, I summarized current solutions in the original post, and will start working out the budget priorities.

JC --- I love the old-school Suby stuff. Sounds crazy, but I always thought that the coolest Subaru would be a 90-94 Touring Wagon with all the swaps! You know, down-play the exterior and idle noise to keep it fairly incognito, but have the 2.0 twin and 6spd underneath. Yikes.

tysonK --- thank you for the comments (I may be literate, but informed? Nah!) --- I'll talk to you about your seats, as well.

LetIt Rev --- wheels are still undecided, but I'll be talking to you for details.

sybir --- thanks for the offer on the OB suspension. If I actually get the details of such an installation figured out, I'd certainly go for it.

BAN SUVS --- thanks for all the explanations! Don't really think I'll be tearin' up the tracks, but since I'm certainly interested in better driving techniques, it might be good to show up and watch!

Wheels/tires: if I'm going to plan on swapping back & forth to steelies anyway, the 16" should be the most versitile, right? I just couldn't take them onto rocks
Plus, those 6 RS wheels sound like a good deal, JC.

Next would be a swaybar, steering bushings, perhaps a shifter (although the stock one ain't too bad!) such as JC's stock RS.

I like the "2 Hellas in front of the grill" look, so I'll be looking at that too.

It sounds like a green hood and rear brake swap will be longer-term parts searches.

If I can swing it, I'll try to fly by the meet by the Mall tomorrow. It would be cool to shake a few hands, for sure.