Old 2012-01-09, 09:15 AM   #5
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I think this will be a great challenge for you!

Going to change the passenger seat too?

Ghey Sasquatch Racing...
Well, since I may end up selling the car in just a few months, I'm trying to spend as little as possible on it. Basically, I need to get myself into it comfortably with the necessary safety gear (seat, steering wheel, belts, hardtop, brake pads/fluid). There are also some other little fixes it needs... the high-beam switch only works in flash to pass mode (fixed it over the weekend) the wiper blades don't park automatically (rewired it to park, but lost my intermittent setting... I need a solder-on relay to actually fix it), the rear brake light has a loose connection at the bulb, and probably 100 other little things that need attention but won't cost much to address.

If the car works out, then I'll probably get the second seat to match, and consider a mild build on the motor or something... a 151k mile 1.8L is pretty gutless and the heads need a refresh due to the god-awful HLA ticking that all NA Miatas eventually get. Probably touch up the paint/do a vinyl wrap, since the car is pretty rough.

At least most the important performance stuff is done... it's got Koni yellows, a rollbar (though not SCCA legal, hence the hardtop, but it's probably passable for adding some real rollover protection), light/wide wheels, and a nearly new set of StarSpecs on it. Though I'd love some 15x9 RPF1's with RA1's on 'em.

Also, GSR is pretty catchy. I wonder if GYSSQCH is a taken license plate?

Last edited by sperry; 2012-01-09 at 09:20 AM.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote