View Single Post
Old 2010-06-15, 03:36 PM   #18
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
Huh, this makes it sound like there's no reason to attend traffic school (or pay the $59 just for the right to do so):

http://www.dmvnv.com/dlpoints.htm

The question is, does no demerit points mean no insurance raise?
And the question remains unanswered even after receiving a responce from the NV DMV:

Quote:
Good afternoon Cody,

Out of state citations do not generate demerit points in Nevada .

If California sends us the citation we will be required to add it on to your record and your insurance company will be able to see it. Insurance companies have their own system for interpreting drive records and we do not keep that information. As far as whether the insurance company will raise your premiums, we do not have that information either. You will need to contact them for that.

You are free to take a California traffic school and it may be possible to prevent it from being put on your record in Nevada . If you contact the California Mandatory Action Unit at 916-657-6525 they can advise you on what you can do. Be sure to follow their instructions exactly.

I hope that I have answered your questions. If you have any further questions or comments please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you.