Thread: Clutch replaced
View Single Post
Old 2003-03-12, 09:45 AM   #6
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

John at Lithia service handled the logistics of the clutch repair. (Maybe he's had some lessons-learned since last year. And maybe they're in need of improving their service record within the region.) I left my car there overnight so they could look at it first thing in the morning while it was still cold.

My problem was definitely the clutch shudder problem, occurring in the morning when it was cold, and happened in acceleration from 1st gear. Even though it was not safety-related, it was annoying. I asked Lithia about it in November, and they didn't tell me alot at that time - in fact at one of my service appts., I asked them to check it out, the tech diagnosed that my vehicle and specifically clutch action was normal for the car. I went to a NASA event in California, where Subaru of Santa Cruz was a vendor participant, I talked to them, and was assured by them that there was a definite problem and SOA had been working on a replacement kit, and to expect something early this year. I love dealing with honest vendors, and I'm grateful to know about the less-than-ideal experiences of others.

Anyway, new clutch at 21k miles, so I'm happier with that. Now, to get them to fix my squeaking window.....
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote