View Single Post
Old 2006-10-02, 12:24 PM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Policy on "hookups"

As many people know, from time to time, members of this site have "hookups" on stuff through their work, or group buys, or offers to help w/ mods, etc. Due to events not all that long ago, I'd like to touch on the SECCS policy for these types of deals.

First, if someone has a hookup to offer, please let *them* offer it. Telling person A, "oh dude, person B totally has the hookup on that" isn't fair to person B, as it puts them in the position to offer something to someone they may not be willing/able to offer. If you see that person A would benefit from person B's help, tell person B in a PM about person A and let them make the offer at their discretion. Basically, if the hookup isn't yours to offer, don't offer it for someone else.

Second, let's try to keep these deals within the club. If everyone and their mother is taking advantage of an offer presented to the club, it raises the chance that the offer will be recinded. "Free carwashes for SECCS members" won't last long if every 3rd person in Reno is claiming to be a SECCS member.

Third, and most important. Let's keep this stuff legal. It's the SECCS policy to cooperate w/ the authorities regarding any illegal activity. If something goes down via the board, we will share what we can w/ the police if so requested. If you're offering a hookup to members on the board, please keep it legit.

Again, some of you may know what this is about, but we're not going to name-names or discuss it in this thread, as the situation seems to be resolved. I'm just posting this up so everyone will know what's expected in the future regarding these sort of deals.