View Single Post
Old 2007-01-30, 03:50 PM   #4
knucklesplitter
EJ205

Wish in one hand and sh*t in the other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRallyBlue
BTW, what should my KC values look like?
I am not an expert on the stock ECU's knock correction, so keep that in mind. I've fooled with UTEC for a couple years, but I've messed around with the OpenECU stuff lately too. Anyway...

If the timing map was perfect for the current conditions then they would be 0, but because you have positive values the ECU is actually adding timing. That's fine and may be because of nice cool weather. It's just the ECU adjusting. Generally you see positive numbers on a tuned car

I notice that they jump at the two places I mentioned, particularly at 3390 where the timing jumps down a couple degrees briefly. It's not much, but that would be my first place to look for a hesitation, but the culprit may also be in the fuel somewhere (maybe there).

It would be nice to get some real AFR numbers in the log with a wideband.

If a fresh tank of gas doesn't help (and it prolly won't) try cleaning the MAF with some CRC MAF cleaner (still doubtful) and maybe check around for air leaks after the MAF (they would be minor if any). Is the air filter plugged? CELs lately?

What mods do you have on the intake side? Have you changed anything since the tune in Aug?
knucklesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote