View Single Post
Old 2006-04-20, 08:52 AM   #25
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

Not that I speed on the street a lot, but yes, there are different levels of danger, hence why the laws are much different. Speeding carries a small fine if caught. Crossing a double yellow carries a heavier fine. If you think they are one in the same, you need to take drivers ed again, cause that's just fucked up. Also, even if I speed and even if I'm a hypocrite, you still are a dumbass on the road. I'm not calling you a hypocrite (because obviously you don't care if you drive like a jackass), I'm saying my hypocracy doesn't make you any less of an idiot. You're still a jackass on the road if you cross a double yellow, regardless of whatever the hell I do or say.

Just two days ago in Sacramento, some kids crossed over a double yellow. They thought it was safe. It was straight, clear and narrow in their mind, yet they ended up hitting on coming traffic and killing 4 people. You can't honestly tell me that you know exactly what is happening on that road all the time. You can take a good guess, but you can't know, especially when passing a truck. You have huge blind spots. It really is funny to think you imagine yourself some sort or heroic rebel, because you 'break the rules' when you want to, but in reality you're just another idiot that is out to give the rest of us a bad name.

Last edited by Nick Koan; 2006-04-20 at 09:05 AM.