View Single Post
Old 2004-07-13, 03:42 PM   #40
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

[quote="sperry"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
If you are going to the trouble to bleed them, why not pump a whole new bottle of Ford HD into the system for I think $4-6
Because you need to do it before and after every AutoX.
I don't do it that often. Before track days, even between back to back track days occasoinally, and every couple weeekends of autocross, or because I'm swapping pads...

Like I said, ATE is great stuff, and I'm not discouraging anyone from buying it. I am only making a reccomendation that you do two cars at once, so you mostly kill a bottle because it only has questionable usefulness once it is open.

IMHO you can't boil fluid at an autocross, even with 7 runs and morning and afternoon run groups. There just isn't enough delta V to generate the heat required. Even at HPDE type events it is tough. It is far more likely in both cases to have brake fade due to pad material overheating, residue deposit on the rotors, glazed rotors or air in the system IMHO.

Scott, lets shoot your infrared pyrometer at the back side of some calipers at the nesxt autocross and see...

Also, A freind helping is better than speedbleeders any day as they rely on a less than perfect seal between bleader and caliper to prevent air during recoil... Every time you use them, that seal gets worse and worse, increasing the likelyhood of air entering the system which is 10 times worse than water...