bigrobwoot
EJ251

Car: 2019 CBS WRX Premium
Class: Middle

Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M View Post
Yes.

First, throw out all Helix items that are made from more than one piece of something. Then consider that some of what's left (specifically uppipes and downpipes) have frequent fitment issues. Basically, you're left with sway bars. Anybody can make a swaybar that "works" so those are fine. But the endlinks have spherical bearings made of low-quality material that doesn't lat long at all.

Helix is made in Thailand/Taiwan/wherever the absolute bottom-dollar production cost will be. Its the cheapest of the cheap. Every corner is cut for their stuff.

Put another way, if their parts were quality at their pricing, Cobb and Perrin would be out of business.
Thanks for the answer. Someone is selling used Helix's for $65 shipped, and MAPerformance will ship new Kartboys for $115. It sounds like the extra $50 is worth it for the quality, unfortunately for my wallet.

I do like the 'bling' of whiteline, but I think the extra $15 isn't worth it. Maybe if it was a part that was a lil more visible, but....
bigrobwoot is offline   Reply With Quote