Old 2012-01-10, 02:23 PM   #27
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Pssh, the obvious answer is to bob the F-250.

They are making a diesel Grand Cherokee. That would make a sweet DD and they depreciate like rocks so they should be cheap in a few years. It could tow, be a DD, and still be nice enough to take the wifey out on the town in. Regardless selling the SVX is a good first step, hope it goes to an enthusiast.
That think looks like it was rear-ended by a freight train. Surprisingly though, we use the long-bed on the truck quite a bit. It's fantastic being able to carry 4x8' lumber easily with the tailgate closed. Plus I can leave my bed box in the back without taking up 1/3 of the space.

In fact, if I could afford it without getting a divorce, I'd get a nice 24' enclosed trailer and a F-350 diesel dually long-bed crew cab. But my truck is already more that I really need, runs great, and it's paid for... so I'm not going to sell it just to get something more daily driveable. Having a utility truck isn't a big deal. It's the 3 toy cars that's the problem. That's why the SVX has to go.

I too really hope it will go to an enthusiast... in fact, I'm super happy to negotiate a lower price for someone that I know will take care of it and enjoy it. That's why I'm not done pestering Scotty about it. Why have two turbo Leggys when you can have two turbo Leggys *and* an SVX?