Thread: Low Boost
View Single Post
Old 2006-11-06, 02:19 PM   #1
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter
Exclamation Low Boost

I posted this problem on NASIOC with no avail. Whats happening is that I am only getting 9.2psi of boost max. I have a TBE, HKS SSQV and am running the cobb stage 2 91 octane map. I have an aftermarket defi boost gauge that I installed about 2 weeks ago. Both the gauge and the AP read the same psi with a max of 9.2. The car feels fine when I drive it, but this is my first subie so who is to say if it feels fine for what im running.

What I know so far:
The "restrictor pill" is in the hose coming from the turbo.
The BOV is tight and no leaks.
I reset the ECU and the boost didnt change meaning that the ECU isnt removing boost due to knock.

The map that I am currently running is the only map that will work on my car for some reason. I will plug in the white plug and connect the green connects to change my base map. It will flash and then say im done. So then i unplug everything and start the car. When I go to press on the gas it goes quiet as if the gas shut off. If I were to hold the gas pedal down the car would die. I can feather the gas a little and it will climb up in rpm. The strange thing is that when I load the other maps the Tach doesnt move when I push on the gas. I never drove it with any of these other maps, but when I would reinstall the map im running now, everything goes back to normal and it functions perfectly. Perhaps one of you has some input? If not maybe we can meet up and one of you drive it to give me a second opinion or maybe you can hear a leak that I cant. This is my first rex and I cant really hear a difference from what one should sound like.
Help please.

i am decatting the uppipe in the next couple of days so I guess while im taking off the intercooler and such, that sould take care of any hose leaks.
100_Percent_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote