Old 2005-12-12, 12:23 AM   #60
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ln
You're a smart guy, though those are some very opinionated statements. I would have thought you could have stated something more, professional?
I like to think it's fairly obviously in my posts when I'm wearing my moderator hat, or my opinionated personal hat. That post should be clearly the latter.

For the life of me, I can't understand why people attempt to prove something that's irrelavant in a contest that adds additional risk to something that's already risky.

Anyone that's been around motorsports knows, you will eventually get caught out; you will eventually blow up a motor, you will eventually crash, and you will eventually hurt yourself... all you have to do is drive long enough. When it happens to me, I plan to be wearing the proper safety equipment, on a safe race track, with the necessary people standing by to pull me out of the shit when it hits the fan.

On the street, you're without the additional safety afforded by a proper location. IMO, if you're willing to pile additional risk on to something that's already risky, you are by definition, being stupid. If I told you I'm gonna close my eyes and try to punch you in the face, would you rather I put on a glove or brass knuckels?