Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2011-12-29, 10:33 PM   #1
khail19
EJ205

Car: 2016 VW GTI

Meets? We have meets?
Default WTB: 04-07 OEM STI exhaust

I have some birthday/Xmas money to spend, so let me know what you guys have laying around. Would prefer the full turbo-back, but I will consider catback or axleback as well. Thanks guys.
khail19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 09:47 AM   #2
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

I have one I am willing to let go. But, Impreza catbacks don't fit on FXTs very well. You're welcome to test fit the catback first if you want to see if you're okay with the fitment. Downpipe is the same though. I can't remember if the pipe diameter is bigger for STi, but I wouldn't bother taking your stocker off to put on another stocker. Just go to Matt for a catted Invidia when that time comes.
Old 2011-12-30, 01:53 PM   #3
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

I still have those strut/springs if you want em. I totally forgot about them.
Old 2011-12-30, 06:40 PM   #4
khail19
EJ205

Meets? We have meets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M View Post
I have one I am willing to let go. But, Impreza catbacks don't fit on FXTs very well. You're welcome to test fit the catback first if you want to see if you're okay with the fitment. Downpipe is the same though. I can't remember if the pipe diameter is bigger for STi, but I wouldn't bother taking your stocker off to put on another stocker. Just go to Matt for a catted Invidia when that time comes.
I thought the STI downpipe had no cat and the FXT one does. If that is wrong then there's not much point of switching it out besides the less restrictive muffler. I would like to test fit to see where the muffler lines up. Some people say it's too short and some say it's the same as stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
I still have those strut/springs if you want em. I totally forgot about them.
I'm not too worried about that until after winter. I have the wagon springs already and I'm leaning towards just buying new struts when the time comes. If I'm going to do all the labor to swap them I might as well put new ones on.
Old 2011-12-30, 10:28 PM   #5
khail19
EJ205

Meets? We have meets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khail19 View Post
I thought the STI downpipe had no cat and the FXT one does.
Wrong! I was confusing the uppipe and downpipe. The FXT uppipe has a cat, and the STI uppipe is catless and less restrictive. Downpipe isn't worth switching out I guess, so I just need the catback.

I feel dumb, this being my first turbo Subaru and all. Maybe I'll figure out how it all works one of these days.

Last edited by khail19; 2011-12-30 at 10:30 PM.
Old 2011-12-30, 10:54 PM   #6
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by khail19 View Post
Wrong! I was confusing the uppipe and downpipe. The FXT uppipe has a cat, and the STI uppipe is catless and less restrictive. Downpipe isn't worth switching out I guess, so I just need the catback.

I feel dumb, this being my first turbo Subaru and all. Maybe I'll figure out how it all works one of these days.
What he said.