Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Technical Chat

Technical Chat Ask and answer technical car questions.

Old 2009-02-17, 03:38 PM   #1
Subie_Steve
EJ18

Car: 04 Subaru STi
Default 07 Legacy loud engine on start up

my mom has an 07 legacy 2.5i. I noticed that when the car is first started in the morning (especially on a cold day) it's very loud, rough, and doesnt drive very well until the engine warms up. Do any of the other legacy drivers have this issue? I mean i know the car of course drives better when the engine oil is at temp, but i have never noticed this issue before when we lived in CA. Im wondering if it is because of the oil i am putting in the car (mobile 1 syn 5w30). what kind of oil are you guys running and are any of you running into this issue. The car only has 17k miles on it, so if something is wrong i wanna get it in while still under warranty. I have an 04 sti and have not experienced this issue with my car. thanks
Subie_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 04:19 PM   #2
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

My friends down at Lithia Subaru have run into other customers complaining about this same issue a MILLION times. Effectively, there's no repair for it. It's just something to do with the new idle air control system, when the vehicle's cold and in "warm up" mode.
Old 2009-02-17, 04:30 PM   #3
Subie_Steve
EJ18

Car: 04 Subaru STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV View Post
My friends down at Lithia Subaru have run into other customers complaining about this same issue a MILLION times. Effectively, there's no repair for it. It's just something to do with the new idle air control system, when the vehicle's cold and in "warm up" mode.
Ok nice. Cause i was like man it sounds like the engine bout to like sieze or something. Just making sure it wasnt just happening to my moms car.
Subie_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 04:48 PM   #4
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

You might consider taking it in under warranty just so you have the paperwork just in case something happens later, you have documentation of them saying nothing is wrong.
Old 2009-02-18, 07:29 AM   #5
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
You might consider taking it in under warranty just so you have the paperwork just in case something happens later, you have documentation of them saying nothing is wrong.
Not a bad idea.
Old 2009-02-18, 02:47 PM   #6
Joeyy
i can has kart?

Yep, they'll run a little rufff first off. After starting her up, tap the gas and get it to idle down and it will drop out of the ruff stage. And for the love of Subaru let the darn thing warm up. Later D-
Joeyy is offline   Reply With Quote