Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > Reviews

Reviews Post reviews of vendors & aftermarket parts, as well as find local shops for working on your Subaru.

Old 2007-06-29, 11:38 AM   #1
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.
Default Cordless Impact wrenches

A number of folks have complained about the "Pep Boys" Impact wrench I have recommended in the past while others are quite happy with it.

OK, well, here is the updated version of the one I use. The price has come way down since I paid about $150 for it. It is now $80 and if you wait for one of their flyers that has X$ or Y% off, you can get an even better deal. Again, I have no experience with this specific model, but it has all the same specs as mine, just new plastic and "comfort grip".

It is good to 220 ft/lbs and I have used it to break axle nuts before, so know it can do well over 100 in real life.

A full charge is good for many wheel changes. I think my record is about 8 full changes at an Audi event over a weekend and it was still going.

Debbie did break her's, but I believe that is because she did not lube the internal gears.