Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Technical Chat

Technical Chat Ask and answer technical car questions.

Old 2004-09-14, 12:57 PM   #1
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon
Default Dealer = Stupid.....SECCS = Smart

Help me figure this vibration problem out.

I brought this to the Service Dept. attension and they could not figure out what it was. Then they tell me that even if something was broken, they wouldn't honor it under warrenty since I have new suspension parts under the car (mind you, not aftermarket parts...just new ones that THEY installed when I hit the curb).

Anyway...Whenever I am turning into my driveway at about ~5 mph and begin to turn the wheel, it starts to shudder. This does it on different types of turns and inclines, almost all the time now.

Almost feels like something is rubbing the inner left fender, but no sign or reason for that. Seems to do it mostly on slow left hand turns.

Any ideas? Hard to describe the issue, but its definatly not normal.
Old 2004-09-14, 01:00 PM   #2
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Front and/or center diff.
Old 2004-09-14, 01:01 PM   #3
ArthurS
EJ207

Think? Is that bad?

Wouldn't that be the dealers fault since they fixed my front diff?

Or could it have been when I got the fluids replaced for my 30k about a month ago?
Old 2004-09-14, 01:32 PM   #4
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

I suppose it could also possibly be your power steering belt slipping, but not likely. If you're getting shuddering at low speed, tight turns, it's one of your differentials, probably center, since your front is open. Fluid changes won't affect the center diff, I think the viscous ones are sealed. If the dealer did any repairs to your diff under warranty, then it's still covered. If you paid for the prior repairs, because it was considered collision damage, then technically I think you can be denied, although since they performed the repairs they are supposed to stand behind their work.
Old 2004-09-14, 02:20 PM   #5
ArthurS
EJ207

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
If you paid for the prior repairs, because it was considered collision damage, then technically I think you can be denied, although since they performed the repairs they are supposed to stand behind their work.
I went to Lithia...so I don't see them standing behind their word...but I'll bring it down anyway. I paid in cash.