Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2005-08-15, 04:37 AM   #1
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP
Default The leftovers

Here's the rest of what I'm selling, since I don't need much of it anymore...

Carbon Fiber/Titanium STi strut brace. Fits '93-01 Imprezas, first gen (maybe second?) Foresters, and most Legacies I think. Won't fit bugeye or newer Imprezas. $200/b.o.

2002 5 speed WRX ecu. This is actually Imprezer's OEM ecu from his Cusco demo car. $200 (sorry sonic )

2002 EJ20 engine harness with all sensors, including MAF and ignition coils. $200

complete EJ20 intake manifold. Includes cable throttle body and TGV housings, unmodified. $150

Crucial thermostat, 160 degree $45 The real purpose of this piece is that it fails open, not closed, so you won't blow your motor if it breaks.

crappy eBay short throw, fits RS only I think. $10. Gret feel and throw, but rattles. Could be fixed to be silent by someone more motivated than me, I'll explain if interested.

Cobb mild cams in stock SOHC heads. $400 cams, $700 combo. You remove the cams if you don't want the heads.

Borla Gen IV header $200 No cracking, never will without severe thermal shock (no water crossings!) or being wrapped/coated. Fits all EJ25, EJ18, and select few dual port EJ22s.

M2000 closed face helmet. $85, dibs to NevadaSti.

2 Potenza S03s, 205/50R16 lots of tread left. $100 for both. Too tall for the Miata.

4 205/55R16 cheapo non-M&S tires. Just enough tread that you can get them mounted pretty much anywhere. $50

I think that's it. Will double check soon.

Last edited by Kevin M; 2005-08-18 at 03:14 PM.
Kevin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-15, 08:36 AM   #2
Libila
EJ205

Car: '94 L

I'm interested in the EJ20 wiring harness, ECU, and Borla header. Let me get settled in Texas and we can talk Kevin
Libila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-15, 02:37 PM   #3
Kevin M
EJ22T

No problem. FYI, you can use the Borlas and a custom uppipe instead of switching to the turbo crossmember. The benefit of that besides a small cost saving is that your power steering lines aren't exposed to as much heat.
Old 2005-08-15, 06:18 PM   #4
M3n2c3
EJ205

Car: 2005 Impreza 2.5RS, 2000 Forester L
Class: RNP sometimes (see motto)

"Kids are ruining autocross."

I'm interested in the helmet if Nevada STi doesn't take it. Do you have a pic and size for it? (I have to make sure that a closed-face will leave room for my glasses )

=============
edit: you can use M2000 rated helmets at autocross, right? Or would I need an SA2000?

Last edited by M3n2c3; 2005-08-15 at 06:28 PM.
M3n2c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-15, 08:00 PM   #5
SlickNick112
EJ251

Car: '06 Impreza WRX STi
Class: Out of class!

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.

Kevin, what size is that Whiteline RSB? What type of HD mounts? Whiteline?
Old 2005-08-16, 01:49 AM   #6
Kevin M
EJ22T

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3n2c3
I'm interested in the helmet if Nevada STi doesn't take it. Do you have a pic and size for it? (I have to make sure that a closed-face will leave room for my glasses )

=============
edit: you can use M2000 rated helmets at autocross, right? Or would I need an SA2000?
I've been using it for a while. It's legal, even has SCCA decals on it. Most trackday organizations will allow them too. Your glasses will fit as long as they are flat behind your ears. I went thorugh a couple pair of glasses before I found one that would easily slide under the temple pad. (Thanks Deb!)
Old 2005-08-16, 01:51 AM   #7
Kevin M
EJ22T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickNick112
Kevin, what size is that Whiteline RSB? What type of HD mounts? Whiteline?
20-24mm. Whiteline mounts, yep. I usually went conservative and ran it at 22mm, but frequently found myself wishing I'd gone to 24 at most courses. Only lots of tight slaloms call for the softer bar on my old setup.
Old 2005-08-16, 06:38 AM   #8
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

Def. interested in the sway bar! Seems I've gotten here late, but if SlickNick doesn't want it, I GOT SECOND DIBS! I need a sway bar somethin' awful.
Old 2005-08-16, 12:11 PM   #9
SlickNick112
EJ251

I have a plan! I have a Cusco 20mm-24mm adjustable sway. I want the Whiteline to go with the rest of my suspension thats all Whiteline. Maybe we can talk kevin into taking $75 for the sway, I'll give you the cusco bar, Kevin gives me the Whiteline bar, and you give Kevin the $75. PM me, both of you. Maybe we can work something out because I would also like the HD mounts, and I have a set of unopened Rear solid alloy endlinks from whiteline. Maybe we can work something else for those too.
Old 2005-08-16, 02:24 PM   #10
Kevin M
EJ22T

I'm open to negotiations, but both of you will need HD mounts to go higher than 20mm on the bar. Stock mounts can't take the torque from a 22 or 24mm bar. Keeping around my endlinks won't be the worst thing that happens to me if I end up with another Impreza eventually.
Old 2005-08-16, 04:47 PM   #11
MPREZIV
Token

That doesn't sound too bad to me. I do have a hookup on a Cusco rear bar with mounts and end links for like 150. I should know tomorrow (the 17th), but if that doesn't work out, I think the three of us can work this out.
Old 2005-08-16, 06:34 PM   #12
M3n2c3
EJ205

Car: 2005 Impreza 2.5RS, 2000 Forester L
Class: RNP sometimes (see motto)

"Kids are ruining autocross."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
I've been using it for a while. It's legal, even has SCCA decals on it. Most trackday organizations will allow them too. Your glasses will fit as long as they are flat behind your ears. I went thorugh a couple pair of glasses before I found one that would easily slide under the temple pad. (Thanks Deb!)
Do you mean curved but flat flush with the side of my head behind the ears, or just completely straight all the way back?
Old 2005-08-16, 07:28 PM   #13
Kevin M
EJ22T

Flat to your head. If the ends poke out away from your head, they will catch on the padding when you try to put them on, and possibly be pressed into your skull at an uncormfortable pressure level.

Oh yeah- saw MPREZIV's RS parked outside Summit today. My route goes by there first thing. Whatcha get there?
Old 2005-08-16, 07:47 PM   #14
SlickNick112
EJ251

Quote:
I'm open to negotiations, but both of you will need HD mounts to go higher than 20mm on the bar. Stock mounts can't take the torque from a 22 or 24mm bar. Keeping around my endlinks won't be the worst thing that happens to me if I end up with another Impreza eventually.
Kev, I've been running stock mounts with my cusco bar for nearly two years now and haven't had any ill effects. I'm looking to upgrade now though and will take the HD mounts. The only thing is if Cory is willing to go without mounts then this could work perfectly. He gets links and RSB from me, I get RSB (WL) and HD mounts from Kev, and Kevin gets $???.00 from Cory.

Any takers?
Old 2005-08-17, 02:08 AM   #15
Kevin M
EJ22T

No problem. $135 and one of yous guys gets the bar and mounts.

Did you ever run the bar at full stiff with stock springs Nick? The less lowering/stiffening you have otherwise, the worse the torque on the bar gets on the mounts. Either the Cusco bar is less stiff at "24mm" than the Whiteline at "24mm", or you're just lucky.
Old 2005-08-17, 06:37 AM   #16
MPREZIV
Token

Quote:
Oh yeah- saw MPREZIV's RS parked outside Summit today. My route goes by there first thing. Whatcha get there?
Nothing great! I got some fender flares for my Pop's truck. Did a Cad. Escalade front end conversion on a 93 chevy 4x4, lift and new tires and rims, and needed to add some more fender to keep from throwing too much crap from the Interco tires onto the new paint! Ha Ha!

If that Cusco bar will work with the stock mounts, as my car is lowered, that's cool with me. I'm taking your word here though! I'll let you guys know what's up with that other deal I had going, and if it wasn't as great as it seemed, we def. have a deal!
Old 2005-08-17, 06:48 AM   #17
MPREZIV
Token

Kinda interested in them Borla headers too. Any MIL problems with these? As you know I'm sure, I've heard so much about problems with headers, but haven't any experience with them.

Just a curiosity. I really want to focus on my suspension primarily, but the headers have always been in the back of my mind.
Old 2005-08-17, 08:23 AM   #18
SlickNick112
EJ251

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV

If that Cusco bar will work with the stock mounts, as my car is lowered, that's cool with me. I'm taking your word here though! I'll let you guys know what's up with that other deal I had going, and if it wasn't as great as it seemed, we def. have a deal!
I know that the Cusco bar will work with the stock mounts, though my car is not lowered, yet. It shouldn't matter as the mounts are stronger not any bigger to mess with the fitment of the bar.
Old 2005-08-17, 08:30 AM   #19
SlickNick112
EJ251

Quote:
No problem. $135 and one of yous guys gets the bar and mounts.

Did you ever run the bar at full stiff with stock springs Nick? The less lowering/stiffening you have otherwise, the worse the torque on the bar gets on the mounts. Either the Cusco bar is less stiff at "24mm" than the Whiteline at "24mm", or you're just lucky.
Yeah kevin, I ran that bar with a full stiffy with the stock springs. I guess I'm just lucky I guess.

You know that I've got my lowering spring coming in this week from Whiteline. I can't wait to get all of this installed. Great FUN.
Old 2005-08-17, 12:27 PM   #20
MPREZIV
Token

OK, that other deal I had was a good one, but frankly not as good as this, so consider this deal DONE! Kevin, I need the endlinks too, and basically I'll be buying the bar for Nick. Lemme know how much for the bar and the links, and I'll then trade Nick for his Cusco bar. Then, the purchase of the mounts can be dealt between you two. Let me know where and when we can do this (pm me or whatever, both of you). My money's green, so the sooner the better in my book!! Thanks a lot guys!
Old 2005-08-17, 02:51 PM   #21
Kevin M
EJ22T

As long as Nick has bushings on his Cusco bar, and I imagine he does, either will fit fine. So, like the first post says, $200 in my pocket gains you the bar, links, and mounts, and you two can straighten out who gets what. Probably the easiest way is for you to buy the whole set, trade bars straight up, and work out a price for the mounts. $45 is probably about right, since you're getting the package discount.

The Borla header will cause intermittent P0420 codes, Cat Inefficiency. When it's time to smog, you just swap your stock header back on and reset the ECU, no biggie. The P0420 has no effect on the car other than smog.
Old 2005-08-17, 02:57 PM   #22
SlickNick112
EJ251

Both of you guys have a deal, I'll deal with Kevin for the mounts. I think the best way to do this is if we could meet somewhere this week. I'd like to do it one of these days before 4:00pm. Is that possible with your guy's schedules? Sometime before Friday?
Old 2005-08-17, 03:21 PM   #23
MPREZIV
Token

Before 4:00 isn't gonna happen with me, unless both of you can swing by Nissan of Reno here on Kietzke. I don't get off until 4:30, and can't be anywhere before 5 on most days. If it is possible to come by here, that will work out just fine for me, otherwise, we'll need to work out something else. I say, let's do this asap, so any day is good for me!!

Kevin, with the header, a simle p0420 is nothing to me! I'm a licensed smog tech, and do my own car!! Ha Ha!! I may still be interested, but will need to come up with another $200 before I could buy anything else from you! If you sell it, don't worry about me, it was just a curiosity I was amusing. No worries!
Old 2005-08-17, 03:29 PM   #24
SlickNick112
EJ251

Coming by Nissan wouldn't be a problem for me, but I would need to swap bars straight over because I don't have my stock bar. Anywhere where I can work on my car while I'm there? Ha Ha.... We can make this work.
Old 2005-08-17, 03:41 PM   #25
Kevin M
EJ22T

Nick, you can swap bars in a parking lot. Mounts is a little harder, I'd do that at home.

How about $160 for the bar and links and $40 for the mounts? Nick, you can swing by and pick it all up any day before 4:30.