Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2003-03-05, 02:16 PM   #1
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon
Default UPDATE on my Hit and Run Accident

I meet with the detective assigned to me today. He has the drivers information and found the vehicle at this persons address. The vehicle has black paint along the rear-left bumper. Of course this person has denied ever doing anything. He tells the detective that the Blazer isn't working but then crosses hs story later on when he told the detective that he left his cousin drive it to the store last week. Soooo... the detective is at the body-shop right now were my car is at to messure the height of damage on my bumper and compare it to the marks on the Blazers.

Long story short, I have to file Small claims to be able to get the 500$ from this guy, who is apparently a deadbeat with no insurance. (Funny thing, even the cop called them all scumbags). The kid has no insurance and isn't even the registered owner of the vehicle. The real owner is pissed that this kid hasn't transfered the title and is using her plates. All in all, these people live in sun valley and fernley.

I was hit by some of the worst people in this area. Why me?
Old 2003-03-05, 02:47 PM   #2
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Sounds like the guy needs a little convincing... you need to "make him an offer he can't refuse..."

(I just got the Godfather DVD set...)
Old 2003-03-05, 03:28 PM   #3
ArthurS
EJ207

I have thought about that since the detective gave me his address and phone number......

<Resisting Urge To Kill>
Old 2003-03-05, 03:40 PM   #4
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Maybe not such a good idea since the police are directly involved... the detective might just have an idea of who to come looking for when the guy's body turned up.
Old 2003-03-05, 03:58 PM   #5
ArthurS
EJ207

Good point. But I will hopefully win the small claims case, which should be no problem with the evidence and amount of witnesses I have. (Plus there is black paint on his damn bumper ). That 500.00$ could have been used for so many better things like a sti grill, or tires for the trims i ordered. Arg.

I just know it is going to takes months to even go to court. But in the long run it will be worth it.
Old 2003-03-06, 09:10 AM   #6
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

If the cop's already calling them scumbags... well you're in a pretty good spot. He obviously thinks they did it, so he'll find the evidence needed to get your $500 bucks.

Hey pass the info on to your insurance company, so they can go after them for the insurance money they paid out! That'll teach 'em to back into someone who works in insurance!
Old 2003-03-06, 10:11 AM   #7
ArthurS
EJ207

Yea I will. I am not at work today since I got a flu from someone, but tomorrow I will get on it. The nice part is that they will pay for the representation if needed.