Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Motorsports Chat

Motorsports Chat Autocross, rallycross, and track event planning, as well as general motorsport discussion.

Old 2009-11-11, 12:32 PM   #401
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

Hella Frush
Old 2009-11-11, 01:17 PM   #402
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

The completely unsurprising follow-up post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradowen View Post
I thought the car was near undrivable! Our lot is really bumpy and 1200lbs springs in the front and 900lbs in the rear were way too stiff. Actually had all 4 wheels off the ground at once! Might sound obvious, but I wanted to start at the high end and work my way down instead of starting in the middle and wondering if I should go up or down.

900 and 700s are going on the car along with a trip to the shock dyno this weekend. Should get that problem better, but probably not solved.

I could not get the car to stop well either. I was all over ABS. I assume some of that is the bumps and part is the stock pads. HP Pluses are on their way...

I had terminal power on understeer. Again not to surprising for the car. Not sure what to do with that. Really with the car bucking around like a bronco it is tough to get a feel for the car. Maybe it was just my throttle application? Will wait till I get the bumps sorted out before starting to work on that.

The good news is even with an near undrivable car I still put down a respectable time. PAXed about 13th overall which is not bad. My guess is that if I had driven my old CS miata that poorly I would have been at least 15 places lower. Even with all the issues with PAX it is about the best yard stick I have locally since we have no other ESP cars. So that made me feel encouraged by the car. Can't wait to drive the car again!