Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2010-09-16, 12:54 PM   #26
rory_a
EJ251

Car: Miata, shit.
Class: Out Classed

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-dogg39 View Post
Specs:
https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...roducts_id=627

Not too much of a drop but stiffens it up a good amount. I think the drop is somewhat similar to what the RCE yellows are at, but not sure. I haven't been stock for quite a while but these are still a very comfortable ride, just gives the corners a little more love, and gets rid of some of the body roll . I was on stock struts when I was using these springs. Compared to what I am on now much different as I am on coilovers .

Might be a good step until I have funds for coils. Trying to get every bit of life out of my struts before replacement, and don't see the point in spending nearly a grand on springs, struts, Com Cs, when I can get half-way decent coils for $1200-1500. Plus, pillow ball mounts with camber plates would be nice

Whacha want for the STI wagon pinks?
rory_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 03:31 PM   #27
k-dogg39
Little Slugger

Car: 05 WRB STI Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Class: 39 TSM

I'm not crazy, I'm just passionate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWRX View Post
Make sure you go for a ride with k-dogg.... He'll show you what a beast his wagon is
Its a work in progress..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory_a View Post
I'm down to fill any passenger seat that has room - anyone down to give me a fun run ride, or ride along with me, I'll cover it, and appreciate it
You can get a ride with me in the first couple of runs, I will be running in the afternoon both days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory_a View Post

Whacha want for the STI wagon pinks?
PM'd
k-dogg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 04:15 PM   #28
rory_a
EJ251

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-dogg39 View Post
You can get a ride with me in the first couple of runs, I will be running in the afternoon both days.

Whatever's clever for you
Old 2010-09-21, 10:01 AM   #29
rory_a
EJ251

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

Thought I'd update this as y'all are quickly draining the funds - picked up an Invidia V3 DP, Exedy clutch and pressure plate, Exedy 12 lb flywheel, might have some springs before long, and hoping I can swing an exhaust soon too. Will be getting KSpeed to tune for stage 2.

And, will hopefully have my piss poor "factory spec" alignment worked out before October 2, going with 1.5* front, stock rear camber for now, 0* toe, 0* cross camber and toe.

Next up, sways, struts, camber bolts, Com Cs, install, another alignment, then power.