Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2005-05-06, 08:49 AM   #26
bruspeed
EJ251

Car: 2005 2.5 rs cgm
Class: TDSP

6k??? Couple more would have been sti longblock, turbocharged goodness.

ummm.... assuming it fits??!!

Last edited by bruspeed; 2005-05-06 at 08:50 AM. Reason: eh
bruspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-06, 09:22 AM   #27
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

But a 6cyl supercharged Subaru motor is cool. I see too many STis and cars with STi motors on a daily basis.
Old 2005-05-06, 10:26 AM   #28
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Dude, it better be more than that... that's only like 50-60 extra.
$10/hp is actually still a pretty good price, especially when we're talking in the 200+hp range.

That said, I'd expect to see around 230awhp on a super-charged SVX... assuming that engine management solution they've got is worth a damn. I'm one of those people that thinks you're not going to get huge power on the SVX's stock/reflashed ECU... you'll probably have to go w/ a standalone tuned for the nuances of the specific car it's installed in. 'Course, that's with a turbo setup where you have to have EM to control boost... a mechanical solution on a SC might work since there's no wastegate, thereby removing the need for anything more than just a "reflash".

I'd like to put 180-200awhp on my car w/o forced induction... I wonder what I'll have to do to make that... intake, exhaust, and cams? Also, Is there a way to get an ECUTune chip that's tuneable? I don't know that I trust a generic map... I want my EM tuned specifically to my car, as it's both safer and faster.
Old 2005-05-06, 11:07 AM   #29
bruspeed
EJ251

Car: 2005 2.5 rs cgm
Class: TDSP

[QUOTE=sperry]
I'd like to put 180-200awhp on my car w/out forced inductionQUOTE]

@9,000 rpm. Naturaly
Old 2005-05-06, 02:01 PM   #30
Duckie
EJ22

Currently the only tuneable one is the stage 3. But if you want a stage one im selling one . But yeah 230 is what I would love to put down (well actually 300 is...but I know it wont happen.)

As far as using an Sti engine goes...I like to stay as true to the original car as possible, I may rebuild an engine but i will not change one =)
Old 2005-05-06, 02:48 PM   #31
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
I'd like to put 180-200awhp on my car w/o forced induction... I wonder what I'll have to do to make that... intake, exhaust, and cams? Also, Is there a way to get an ECUTune chip that's tuneable? I don't know that I trust a generic map... I want my EM tuned specifically to my car, as it's both safer and faster.
Cams and tuning, like a Link Plus maybe. I hear those are great for NA applications. Probably need the header and exhaust work you were already planning on too.
Old 2005-05-06, 03:27 PM   #32
dustinr
EJ18

Car: '04 Porsche Turbo X50, '05 STi, '05 Evo MR, '02 Ducati 998, '02 Ducati MH900e

love the quote "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckie
Well lets put this way, they processed my order today, they expect it to be to me by the VERY latest at the end of June. Im just gonna double check on the time its comming.

I do have the funding though. Considering I just paid for it

Granted the install is gonna cost me, but im prepared. No tuning required, I am going to be running the basic tune(software will already be in after the install no tuning involved. I might eventually save up for a tune (if i do something else to my car I will re-tune it) I am prepared to maintain it as well. Ive talked to the devlopers and my kit comes with reprogramablke software and a preset that will run great here. I will be dynoing it right after the install etc. Ive seen the results of this in person which is what got me sold. We will see. Considering I will be the second-fourth person to have this, ever, I feel special/excited.
Are you having to lower your engine compression to run the 14psi? If so how are you going about it?
dustinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-06, 03:32 PM   #33
Duckie
EJ22

I have not worked out running the 14 PSI. I do know I would have to basically do a total engine rehaul on that sucker. If you want to know about the ongoing research on the subject try the svx network...there are about 15 people, myself included, doing research on rebuilds and we are currently having a nice discussion about the compression ratios and the size of our pistons.
Old 2005-06-05, 11:22 PM   #34
Duckie
EJ22

New plans are for 9 pounds but there will be a little delay now. Probably NOW 1 1/2 months out now.
Old 2005-06-07, 03:31 PM   #35
drfunk
EJ22

Car: 2003 subi 25rs turbo

Im still here. I just havent kept up in a while. Its been crazy planning my wedding. Im really excited. Thanks for all the compliments on my set up, im glad to see you all still like it. Here are some new pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frontsubie.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	2361  

Click image for larger version

Name:	turbo.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	2362  

Old 2005-06-07, 05:05 PM   #36