Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2003-12-04, 12:02 PM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Official NORPAC Subaru Car Corral Planning

Alright, we need to start finalizing plans for the SECCS NORPAC Subaru Car Corral.

TO DO LIST:

(done!) Matt/Debbie - Talk to Subaru about direct assistance w/ car corral, including handouts for patrons (and SCCA ProRally cars!! It would rule, but I'm not holding my breath)

(done!) Matt/Scott - Talk to Atlantis about car corral location

(oops, never happened ) Scott/Art - Finish the Illustrator business card design, send to printers

(done!) Scott/Matt - Setup SECCS checking account, order more stickers

(done!) Scott/Matt - Create T-Shirt design, find someone to make shirts for the people working in the car corral.

??? - We need a truck (art?) to carry all the stuff, and to be used as a "go-fer" vehicle since all the people at the corral will not be able to drive their cars. (This also means, if your car is in the corral, and you plan to be gone between 7 and 5, you will need to make arrangments for another ride, since I'd like to avoid people coming and going w/ the show cars.)

(done!) - We need a folding table, some folding chairs, a LONG heavy-duty extension cord, a TV/VCR <- table will be provided by the Atlantis, chairs too I assume, right Matt?

(done!) Everyone - pre event car detailing meet! <- car detailing will be handled on an individual basis, since no one's got a place big enough to detail a bunch of cars if the weather's bad

I need a list of everyone who's bringing a car to the corral, and who's working. Here's the list so far:

Participant List:

Scott - WRX / working
Matt - STi / working
Art - WRX / working?
Tyson- WRX / working
Debbie-WRX
Dean - WRX?
Mike - STi / working
Sean - RS-T / working?
Jesse - STi / working?
Jim - STi

Work Schedule:

Saturday
Setup Crew (6:30am): Scott, Matt, Mike

7-9am: Scott, Matt, Mike

9-11am: Scott, Matt, Mike

11am-1pm: Scott, Matt

1-3pm: Tyson

3-5pm: Tyson

Clean up Crew (5pm): Scott, Matt

Sunday
Setup Crew (7:30am): Scott, Matt

8-10am: Scott, Matt

10-12noon: Scott, Matt

Clean up Crew (12noon): Scott, Matt

I'd really like Mike and Matt to bring the STi's, Sean and his RS-T, JC's RS (if he's in town w/ the car... but I understand that's a long-ass drive from MI), Tyson and Art's black WRXs, Sergio's WRX (and the EVO's welcome too! ) and Ben's Subaru Movie Theater , and of course Debbie and Dean's D-Stock cars (Dean, that thing's still in DS right?) Something like that would show a great cross-section of Subaru's performance cars, and give us 9 to 11 cars :shock:. And, If you can show up in race trim, even better!

Some other ideas:

We need a table for the corral, with some SECCS info. If we could grab a TV/VCR or something to show a slideshow of SECCS/SCCA pictures and movies that would RULE. Hey Art, what's the status of the video you and Ben were working on? Can that be included in some sort of looping presentation? Debbie, can your slide-show be converted to VHS? Anyone have one of those TV/VCR things?

We should probably have at least 2 people working the corral at all times, for security, and so someone will be there to answer questions about SECCS/SCCA. The primary purpose of this corral is to get people interested in SCCA Solo2, by demonstrating what a great community there is associated with SCCA and the Reno Region in particular, so it'd be cool to have some people working the corral that can talk shop about AutoX or Subarus in general with the people that come by. Also having two people means no one will be left sitting alone outside if no one's checking out the corral.

That being said, we're going to need to plan dates/times for people to work. I'm not sure if we should do te corral all three days or not. I'm thinking Friday may not be worth it, but I don't know the NORPAC schedule of events. Right now I'm thinking we should do all day Saturday, and like a half day on Sunday.

Another idea, should we open this up to non SECCS people? Nate and Scott over at S-Squared have some sick Subarus, and there's the rest of the Sac contingency like Steve (Kostamojen) and Kevin (BAN SUVS) that would be cool guys to have up for the convention. The only problem with inviting out-of-towners is finding room to put them up for the weekend. Plus I wouldn't feel right having them come up to work a convention w/o somehow helping them out on the admission fees, and I don't think Reno SCCA would do it, so it'd have to come out out SECCS's pockets... and our pockets are currently empty .

Speaking of entry fee reimbursments: Mike, you'll have to join SCCA if you want to get the NORPAC discount... SCCA dues are like $50 and the discount is $50, so if you do the convention, it's like you're getting your SCCA membership for free. Plus if you AutoX next season with us (and you better! ) you'll make your SCCA membership fees back by going to at least 5 events, since there's a $10/event discount for SCCA members.

Finally, we should plan on a pre-convention meet so we can all detail our cars... I know my car needs a claybar and Zaino treatment in a *bad* way! Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can get 'em all cleaned and waxed. Then we'll just dry/quick detail 'em at the convention if it's raining or something.
Old 2003-12-04, 12:22 PM   #2
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Awesome....Guys, for those interested, we really need to discuss this at the meet tonight, its a chance to really grow our club and more importantly, the local SCCA contingent. This will require a bit of effort though, I know we're up to it.

If there are any other ideas as far as presentations, displays, etc, bring em...I know we have a very creative group.
Old 2003-12-04, 12:27 PM   #3
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon

Okay My Take:

*Video wll for sure be done by then. It will be anywhere from 1/2 hour to a hour long if not more (we need more footage).

*I will work the corral however is needed.

*I will bring the Black Wagon.

*A Pre-convention meet is a smart idea...everyone bring their car-cleaning stuff and we will have a big car wash day. Maybe a br-b-q to end the meet.

*I will get those cards as soon as you can get me the design Scott.

*I think it should be open to *some* of the Non-SECCS people. Having the S-squared guys there may be a good idea because it will show that we even have a shop to back us up and those Sac guys are cool also.

For all the SECCS people. This will be a excellent meet and event for all of us. I would suggest everyone try and make this. Might as well call this the new years SUPER meet. Hopefully we will get a ton of people to show. Excellent oppurtunity for photo ops.

Whats the registration link again? I should probably get that done ASAP.
Old 2003-12-04, 12:34 PM   #4
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Register here: http://www.nwr-scca.org/convention/2004registration.htm

$75 up thru this friday, $100 after. Reno SCCA Members that work the car corral will get a $50 reimbursment from Reno Region.
Old 2003-12-04, 12:37 PM   #5
MattR
El Matador

Default Re: Official NORPAC Subaru Car Corral Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Scott/??? - Create T-Shirt design, find someone to make shirts for the people working in the car corral.

So , good news, I contacted my friend who owns a screen shop, and he is more than happy to do the work for us. I'll have all the details tonight, so we can decide if this will work for us. I think this will be a good outlet for this and future printing needs.
Old 2003-12-04, 12:38 PM   #6
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through
Default Re: Official NORPAC Subaru Car Corral Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR
Quote:
Scott/??? - Create T-Shirt design, find someone to make shirts for the people working in the car corral.

So , good news, I contacted my friend who owns a screen shop, and he is more than happy to do the work for us. I'll have all the details tonight, so we can decide if this will work for us. I think this will be a good outlet for this and future printing needs.
Awesome, I want to get some "I'm down for SECCS" T-Shirts made.
Old 2003-12-04, 01:21 PM   #7
MikeSTI
EJ205

Car: 2004 STi
Class: TSM

I can't complain

might want to think sweat shirts for a Jan. event T's can be made later as summer nears...just an idea

I'm also down to work a little having kids could make my hours limited but can talk about time slots
Old 2003-12-04, 08:01 PM   #8
BOO
EJ205

Car: 12+tires
Class: Spec.

without hard work, nothing grows but weeds

I am sooo there .. Working if I can too
I would like to bring what ever car you guys want me to bring I am pretty much open
Thanks for thinking about me

GC,GD,GM
BOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 09:33 PM   #9
STIwish
EJ251

Bring the Evo... at least at this event it'll be unique!
Old 2003-12-05, 10:02 PM   #10
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

I might be around, but my car won't be. We can always get another RS. Nat's or we can put your attacks on Rachel's so it looks modded.

JC
Old 2003-12-05, 10:36 PM   #11
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I might be around, but my car won't be. We can always get another RS. Nat's or we can put your attacks on Rachel's so it looks modded.

JC
I *really* want at least one <02 RS there... but you guys are so much cooler than me that I feel too intimidated to say: "You're coming to NORPAC... or, uh, something threatening".
Old 2003-12-05, 10:37 PM   #12
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Car: 04 Evo 99 Cadillac
Class: street de le mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

JC
Looks are all that really matters when you're sittin in the corral.

tysonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 10:43 PM   #13
drfunk
EJ22

Car: 2003 subi 25rs turbo

couldnt i just go to show off my car and hang out there without paying $75 cause id love to
Old 2003-12-05, 10:52 PM   #14
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfunk
couldnt i just go to show off my car and hang out there without paying $75 cause id love to

many people are pondering this. Until we know the hard-fast layout of teh event these questions shall not be answered.

Old 2003-12-05, 10:54 PM   #15
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

SCOTT:

I signed up for the event and everything and paypal'd em so you can put me down for whatever ever.

Old 2003-12-10, 09:08 AM   #16
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Did you guys get a copy of the Seminar Topics document from Dave D? It has the reference to seccs, but we'll need to let Dave know what the actual acronym stands for.

SPECIAL EVENTS
SUBARU SOCIAL: Silent Auction John Forespring
Guest Speaker Gary Patterson, Director of PR and Marketing, Shelby American Inc. History of Carroll Shelby & Shelby American; Rebirth of a legend and old company; Birth, design and history of the Shelby Series 1; Driving and demonstrating the cars; What is Shelby up to today; A look into the future
SATURDAY LUNCH: Special Speaker Steve Johnson, President/CEO SCCA
SUBARU WRX Coral: Provided by Subaru Enthusiats Club of the Central Sierra’s Display of 8 – 12 WRX and WRX STi’s at the East Entrance of the Atlantis along with in-car videos, banners and display table
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 09:16 AM   #17
MikeSTI
EJ205

I can't complain

hey Scott put me IN the list. atleast for the coral still dont know what I can work but would love to be involved
Old 2003-12-11, 11:17 AM   #18
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Okay, the NORPAC schedule of events is up. It's still "tenative" but I'd guess it's pretty close to final.

http://www.nwr-scca.org/convention/2004schedule.htm

We're listed 7am to 5pm Saturday, Jan 10 and 8am to 12 noon Sunday Jan 11.

I figure we'll setup 2 hour blocks.

I'm interested in sessions 3 and 4 of the conference on Saturday (Rally Cross Program Development , and Chassis setup, Springs and Shocks) So I won't be able to work from 1:30 to 3:45. The rest of the time I plan on working the car corral, unless it's grossly overstaffed by SECCS people and I can catch some of the safety type presentations.

Let me know when you can work, so I can start filling out a schedule!
Old 2003-12-11, 11:33 AM   #19
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
Chassis setup, Springs and Shocks...
Take notes for the rest of us. :wink: There might be something in there I could learn...
Old 2003-12-11, 12:29 PM   #20
MikeSTI
EJ205

I can't complain

put me down for Sat. 6:30 set up and on for the corral dont know how long i can stay but since my car is there might be awile unless my wife picks me up, which im sure won't be untill atleast 11

I can problly get my hands on folding tables and chairs but they would need to be picked up at my parents off of Mountrose HWY if no-one else has any?
Old 2003-12-11, 12:30 PM   #21
MattR
El Matador

I too want to attend Session 3 & 4, so I suppose I'm gonna work about the same schedule as you Scott. I'm not sure if the "Volunteer Motivation" seminars for the entire morning are for me, I'm not sure a lot of that info would benefit me at this point. We'll see. I thought there was going to be a track plannin and event direction seminar, oh well.

Looks like its coming together pretty well, and now that we're listed on the schedule, there's no backing out.
Old 2003-12-18, 01:46 PM   #22
lostangel
n00b

Just wanted to drop a line in here and say I'd like to come up for this (needed an excuse to come see Scott). I'll be driving up from SLO town in Cali.

I've got a black STi with black rims which I hope I'll have some pictures up soon.
lostangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 01:50 PM   #23
ArthurS
EJ207

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostangel
Just wanted to drop a line in here and say I'd like to come up for this (needed an excuse to come see Scott). I'll be driving up from SLO town in Cali.

I've got a black STi with black rims which I hope I'll have some pictures up soon.
Sounds like a pimp ride. Hope you make it.
Old 2003-12-18, 02:32 PM   #24
MikeSTI
EJ205

I can't complain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostangel

then all we need is a white one
Old 2003-12-18, 02:39 PM   #25
ArthurS
EJ207

Sergio......you are commanded to trade in your White WRX for a White STi by NORPAC.

Go now!