Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2005-08-30, 09:48 AM   #1
sp00ln
EJ205

Default Oil Leak...

Hey, I dont know if Im posting this in the correct section or not, so if not, my bad. Anyways, I have an oil leak coming from my oil filter, oil filter housing (where the oil feed for the turbo is) and the oil return from the connection with the return line and the oil pan. I just dont want to deal with it anymore. I want someone to fix it for me, so where do you recommend on going? Is there someone in town that will do it? I went to mission car wash, but they told me they were not insured to that kind of thing. And im leary of taking it to IVM because of the people they talk to, and who goes in there. I had my stuff stolen once, I dont want to happen again. Thanks.
Old 2005-08-30, 10:55 AM   #2
MikeSTI
EJ205

Car: 2004 STi
Class: TSM

I can't complain

get a dealer quote? I don't know anyone up here to do work (insured) atleast

otherwise the standard answer over the hill. I want to say Nate knows his DSM's just as well as the suby's.
Old 2005-08-30, 11:23 AM   #3
M3n2c3
EJ205

Car: 2005 Impreza 2.5RS, 2000 Forester L
Class: RNP sometimes (see motto)

"Kids are ruining autocross."

Argh. There's a place here in Carson that my dad has been taking his Forester to. He says it's made up of some guys that quit the Michael Hohl Subaru garage due to crappy conditions, and that they're all pretty cool.

I just can't remember the name of it.
Old 2005-08-30, 12:55 PM   #4
sp00ln
EJ205

Eh, Im looking for someplace local. Ill deal with it myself if I have to drive out of town

thanks tho, guys.
Old 2005-08-30, 01:14 PM   #5
Theo
EJ22

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3n2c3
Argh. There's a place here in Carson that my dad has been taking his Forester to. He says it's made up of some guys that quit the Michael Hohl Subaru garage due to crappy conditions, and that they're all pretty cool.

I just can't remember the name of it.

Sunrise Automotive. Nice honest shop. They don't claim to do any high performance work on Subies. Honda and Subarus are their specialty.

Theo
Old 2005-08-30, 01:16 PM   #6
MikeSTI
EJ205

Car: 2004 STi
Class: TSM

I can't complain

hehe, do they do Talons?
Old 2005-08-30, 01:39 PM   #7
Dean
Señor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

C&C Fuel injection. A bunch of good guys that work on performance cars from top to bottom.
Old 2005-08-30, 06:33 PM   #8
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo
Sunrise Automotive. Nice honest shop. They don't claim to do any high performance work on Subies. Honda and Subarus are their specialty.

Theo
That's where my family takes all of our cars. Been going there for probably 10 years. They do all imports and I highly recommend them. One of the owners Scott has a sweet modded old school Z.
Old 2005-08-30, 08:05 PM   #9
Libila
EJ205

Car: '94 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo

Theo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
That's where my family takes all of our cars. Been going there for probably 10 years. They do all imports and I highly recommend them. One of the owners Scott has a sweet modded old school Z.
My mom takes her Honda there and I took my Honda there as well. They are great guys and they do great work.

Scott is a great person to deal with. I recommend him and his shop to anyone that asks me about getting something fixed.
Libila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-30, 08:41 PM   #10
sp00ln
EJ205

And this place is in carson?

Thanks dean.
Old 2005-08-30, 09:30 PM   #11
Libila
EJ205

Car: '94 L

Yep, Sunrise Automotive is in Carson.
Libila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-30, 10:29 PM   #12
M3n2c3
EJ205

Car: 2005 Impreza 2.5RS, 2000 Forester L
Class: RNP sometimes (see motto)

"Kids are ruining autocross."

That's the place.

Old 2005-08-31, 08:12 AM   #13
Dean
Señor Cheap Bastarde

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ln
And this place is in carson?

Thanks dean.
C&C is in Reno. They work on a bunch of the SCCA Autocross cars.
Old 2005-09-04, 07:11 PM   #14
murphy
EJ22

Car: 03 evo, 06 R6

try calling my friend Allan sometime after 3:00 pm at 829-0425..tell him I stent you to him..(Murphy) you might know his DSM its the maroon one running around town (2nd gen). Hes good and has too much pride in the cars he works on to do a shitty job.
murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-04, 10:43 PM   #15
sp00ln
EJ205

I know Alan. Havent seen him for a long, long time though. Would you mind calling him for me and seeing if he still has that '95 AWD ecu hanging around?

Well, since this thread has been somewhat re-vived, can I say that I made an appointment with CC Injection last friday and was appauled by their service. First off all, I *had* to bring it in by 8am. I didnt mind, just had to get up a little earlier and risk being late for class. So, I drop it off, tell them the problem and to fix it. Pretty much, the women behind the counter just cant understand what im saying. Im saying, this is what I want fixed, fix it. For some reason, she insists that she MUST charge me $75 for an inspection fee. Inspect what? I TOLD you what I wanted fixed. So, she says, "Well, if it takes less time, we can adjust the fee with the time taken." So, I say ok, and leave for school. I was late, but its ok. So, I ride by after school (around 1pm) and my car HAS NOT MOVED. I was supprised, but maybe they were busy....? So, I do my arrands for the day, and end up giving them a call around 4:30 pm - being it was nearing 5 and they hadnt called me all day. Called them, and the guy was reaaaalllly slow on the phone. I asked him what he found, feeding me some bullshit how the head gasket is leaking and how something else is leaking oil. I told them that I didnt care about that, but just cared about having what I said fixed. And to suprise me even more, he didnt even know what I was talking about. This goes back and forth, and basicly I end up figuring out that they didnt even look at my car. The worst thing about it was that he lied to me, and insisted that he did! But FAILED to mention my HUGE oil leaks, and where they were coming from. Pisses me off. I end up going and getting my car, from the exact same spot to where I dropped it off.

I was so upset, the next day I just ran down to kreggan(sp?), picked up the necessary parts, and fixed the problem myself in less than an hour - what I should have done in the first place.

Last edited by sp00ln; 2005-09-04 at 10:46 PM. Reason: engrish... :p
sp00ln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-04, 11:31 PM   #16
Dean
Señor Cheap Bastarde

Quote:
I know Alan. Havent seen him for a long, long time though. Would you mind calling him for me and seeing if he still has that '95 AWD ecu hanging around?
Murphy is in Afghanistan, so you should probably call Alan yourself.
Old 2005-09-05, 12:30 AM   #17
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:

Well, since this thread has been somewhat re-vived, can I say that I made an appointment with CC Injection last friday and was appauled by their service. First off all, I *had* to bring it in by 8am. I didnt mind, just had to get up a little earlier and risk being late for class. So, I drop it off, tell them the problem and to fix it. Pretty much, the women behind the counter just cant understand what im saying. Im saying, this is what I want fixed, fix it. For some reason, she insists that she MUST charge me $75 for an inspection fee. Inspect what? I TOLD you what I wanted fixed. So, she says, "Well, if it takes less time, we can adjust the fee with the time taken." So, I say ok, and leave for school. I was late, but its ok. So, I ride by after school (around 1pm) and my car HAS NOT MOVED. I was supprised, but maybe they were busy....? So, I do my arrands for the day, and end up giving them a call around 4:30 pm - being it was nearing 5 and they hadnt called me all day. Called them, and the guy was reaaaalllly slow on the phone. I asked him what he found, feeding me some bullshit how the head gasket is leaking and how something else is leaking oil. I told them that I didnt care about that, but just cared about having what I said fixed. And to suprise me even more, he didnt even know what I was talking about. This goes back and forth, and basicly I end up figuring out that they didnt even look at my car. The worst thing about it was that he lied to me, and insisted that he did! But FAILED to mention my HUGE oil leaks, and where they were coming from. Pisses me off. I end up going and getting my car, from the exact same spot to where I dropped it off.

I was so upset, the next day I just ran down to kreggan(sp?), picked up the necessary parts, and fixed the problem myself in less than an hour - what I should have done in the first place.
Your first hint should have been that they tried to tell a DSM owner he had oil leaks to fix.
Old 2005-09-05, 10:42 AM   #18
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Quote:
I, can I say that I made an appointment with CC Injection last friday and was appauled by their service.

Who did you deal with there? I'm curious.
Old 2005-09-05, 05:14 PM   #19
sp00ln
EJ205

Im sorry, Ive forgotten their names. Maybe I should have made a point to get them, but the lady that works at the desk, and some guy with short dark hair. I dont know who I talked to on the phone.
Old 2005-09-06, 07:37 AM   #20
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

Should have gone to Sunrise.