Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2006-01-18, 01:34 AM   #176
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

I'm too drunk to drive...
Old 2006-01-18, 02:11 AM   #177
M3n2c3
EJ205

Car: 2005 Impreza 2.5RS, 2000 Forester L
Class: RNP sometimes (see motto)

"Kids are ruining autocross."

I managed to work to 1'18.095. Then the combination of the car's skittish handling and the controller's inaccuracy started to get to me. I know there's plenty of time to be shaved off; I can see it when I watch my replay. . . but I can't translate it to that damn thumbstick.
Old 2006-01-18, 08:06 AM   #178
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

Track's sucky, car is sucky. Fast, but sucky.
Old 2006-01-18, 08:30 AM   #179
Ezdno
EJ251

Car: 1992 F250 1T Monster
Class: none

They were all dead when I got here!

Somebody call Cody a Virtual Cab! No wonder nobody can beat Sperry, with a set up like that.
Old 2006-01-18, 08:50 AM   #180
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Master Slurper.

700 cars and we choose that one? Let's race Lightnings round the ring. I bet I'll get a 26m 45s T5 time...
Old 2006-01-18, 09:23 AM   #181
bemani
EJ22

Car: 05 LGT 02 WRX
Class: SM

Well you should've beaten sperry then
bemani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 09:35 AM   #182
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Master Slurper.

Now that I have a working copy of the game I'll still try the Infineon time.
Old 2006-01-18, 10:47 AM   #183
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezdno
Somebody call Cody a Virtual Cab! No wonder nobody can beat Sperry, with a set up like that.
That setup is on my PC, I use a plain-jane Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel on the PS2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnndaJibba
Track's sucky, car is sucky. Fast, but sucky.

700 cars and we choose that one? Let's race Lightnings round the ring. I bet I'll get a 26m 45s T5 time...
You're talking about challenge 2, Motegi w/ the Renault, right?

I tired to pick a track that's easy to learn, but something that people don't drive alot to help level the playing field. I went with the short course so it's easier to get in more laps.

The Renault is a car that I just recently got in the game. (Actually I recently got the road car version, but since you can't trick out the cars in Arcade mode, I picked the rally car since it's already modded out.) It's a MR car, which makes it a little twitchy and since it's a rally car it does well with high slip-angle driving. I wanted something fast, but I didn't want a carbon copy to the JGTC car we just ran, and pretty much all the race cars in GT4 are just point and shoot, haul-the-mail, type cars, so I switched it up a little.

If you've got a problem with my pics, then just drive the fastest lap, and you can pick whatever you want next.

Actually, that reminds me of a rule change we should make: No driver can make back to back challenges. If a driver wins their own challenge, they still get the win, but the second fastest driver picks the next challenge. Just to prevent one person from repeatedly picking their favorite tracks/cars and staying on top.
Old 2006-01-18, 11:08 AM   #184
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Actually, that reminds me of a rule change we should make: No driver can make back to back challenges. If a driver wins their own challenge, they still get the win, but the second fastest driver picks the next challenge. Just to prevent one person from repeatedly picking their favorite tracks/cars and staying on top.
Yah, and plus we'd probably start hating you.

Sounds good to me. I'll add it to the first post as a permanent rule.
Old 2006-01-18, 11:25 AM   #185
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Master Slurper.

Well there are a crap load of other neutral type cars to choose from. M3's, the RUF's maybe, NSX's, even the AWD rally cars are pretty easy to drive. Even the super high class race cars could be used (super fast, but handle good, kind of a learning curve there I suppose) Although now that I have a functional copy of GT4 I can start doing these. I haven't even started yet...
Old 2006-01-18, 11:30 AM   #186
doubleurx
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
Yah, and plus we'd probably start hating you.

Sounds good to me. I'll add it to the first post as a permanent rule.

Cody you should also update the "current challenge" each week.
doubleurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 11:38 AM   #187
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnydaJibba
Well there are a crap load of other neutral type cars to choose from. M3's, the RUF's maybe, NSX's, even the AWD rally cars are pretty easy to drive. Even the super high class race cars could be used (super fast, but handle good, kind of a learning curve there I suppose) Although now that I have a functional copy of GT4 I can start doing these. I haven't even started yet...
I know there are a crap load of neutral type cars in GT4... the rest of us just finished driving one of 'em. All those cars are so exactly the same, that unless you're driving with the external camera, the only difference is the slightly changed sound of the motor.

So, like I said, I didn't want to pick a car exactly like the one we just used. I actually thought about using a street car, but decided the super long lap times and frustratingly soft suspension and bad brakes would be so annoying people would quit the challenge.

How about you load up the Ginetta G4 (the car I almost picked) and do some laps, then come back and tell me how much more fun the Renault is since it actually has some power and suspension.
Old 2006-01-18, 11:43 AM   #188
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleurx
Cody you should also update the "current challenge" each week.
I did, but of course my browser crashed when I cliced update. I'll try to re-do it soon.
Old 2006-01-18, 12:15 PM   #189
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Master Slurper.

Dude don't bash the G4 that car is for pimps. Even if it doesn't matter anymore I'm gonna see what I can get on Infineon still. And with crazy suggestions like that we could be using an S800!
Old 2006-01-18, 12:21 PM   #190
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Dude don't bash the G4 that car is for pimps. Even if it doesn't matter anymore I'm gonna see what I can get on Infineon still. And with crazy suggestions like that we could be using an S800!
The original challenge started 1/10, yesterday was 7 days, hence the posting of a new challenge.

The G4 is my favorite car in GT4, but not it stock trim... get it up to 250+hp with race suspension and it's a handful but very fun to drive. But in arcade mode, on street tires, with 98hp and stock suspension, it takes like 1'45" to get around Motegi East. I wanted to pick a car w/ 1 minute lap times.
Old 2006-01-18, 12:22 PM   #191
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Master Slurper.

Hey you won so you pick right? If I were to beat somebody I couldn't verify it because I have no way to show you pictures. Camera, but no uploading to computer capability. Not that I would lie or anything.
Old 2006-01-18, 12:23 PM   #192
M3n2c3
EJ205

Quote:
The Renault is a car that I just recently got in the game. (Actually I recently got the road car version, but since you can't trick out the cars in Arcade mode, I picked the rally car since it's already modded out.) It's a MR car, which makes it a little twitchy and since it's a rally car it does well with high slip-angle driving. I wanted something fast, but I didn't want a carbon copy to the JGTC car we just ran, and pretty much all the race cars in GT4 are just point and shoot, haul-the-mail, type cars, so I switched it up a little.
It's definitely a quick little car.

I'm gonna quit whining about my controller for now (cuz if it really mattered so much, I'd already have a wheel), but while playing I noticed that the Renault's twitchy handling is magnified greatly by the smaller range of motion you get with a thumbstick.

So how about people post some lap times, instead of bitching about the current track/car choices?

Quote:
Hey you won so you pick right? If I were to beat somebody I couldn't verify it because I have no way to show you pictures. Camera, but no uploading to computer capability. Not that I would lie or anything.
That's ok. . . if you were to say you beat Scott, we wouldn't believe you anyway.
Old 2006-01-18, 12:23 PM   #193
bemani
EJ22

1'15.313

Last edited by bemani; 2006-01-18 at 12:29 PM.
Old 2006-01-18, 12:25 PM   #194
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

Quote:
The original challenge started 1/10, yesterday was 7 days, hence the posting of a new challenge.

The G4 is my favorite car in GT4, but not it stock trim... get it up to 250+hp with race suspension and it's a handful but very fun to drive. But in arcade mode, on street tires, with 98hp and stock suspension, it takes like 1'45" to get around Motegi East. I wanted to pick a car w/ 1 minute lap times.
Well the way I intended it to work was, as soon as a person posts a pic of a new best time, the timer starts. If nobody "dethroans" that person with 7 full days, the leader wins.
Old 2006-01-18, 12:27 PM   #195
M3n2c3
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemani
1'16.343
How did you manipulate the car's hp/weight? I bumped the hp up, but left the weight at default, figuring if I were to make it any lighter, I'd just fly away. . .
Old 2006-01-18, 12:32 PM   #196
bemani
EJ22

got it down to 15s, should be no problem with 14 after a few more laps. Of course I got the power/weight ratio all up. haven't touched the gear ratios.
Old 2006-01-18, 12:34 PM   #197
M3n2c3
EJ205

I'll have to try again tonight with the weight down.
Old 2006-01-18, 12:50 PM   #198
bemani
EJ22

I don't know wth you guys are complaining about, the car is really fun to drive, you can swing the back end out any way you please.
Old 2006-01-18, 01:09 PM   #199
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
Well the way I intended it to work was, as soon as a person posts a pic of a new best time, the timer starts. If nobody "dethroans" that person with 7 full days, the leader wins.
I thought we were simply seeing who can get the fastest lap within one week. If we restart the time every time someone sets a new low time, we end up with the possibility of driving the same track for a month at a time!
Old 2006-01-18, 02:15 PM   #200
doubleurx
EJ205

Quote:
I thought we were simply seeing who can get the fastest lap within one week. If we restart the time every time someone sets a new low time, we end up with the possibility of driving the same track for a month at a time!

I agree. First event Scott is the winner. Whoever posts the fastest time within the week of the event wins.
doubleurx is offline   Reply With Quote