Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2012-03-28, 12:48 PM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default FS: RaceTech 6-point harnesses (x2)

So, apparently the rules regarding harnesses have changed for PDX. No longer are autocross rules (where the belts simply need to be in good condition) applied to PDX. Non-factory belts now must be up-to-date with their certifications. So, my barely used but 5-year old RaceTech belts are no longer PDX legal (even though the 16 year-old 3-point stock belts are a-okay ).

So, my loss is your gain, for any of you that want some fantastic harnesses for autocross. 6-point with cam-lock release, 3" pull-up lap belts, 3" pull-down shoulder belts, 2" crotch straps. Velcro on the belts for sticking them out of the way when getting into the car. Drink/radio tie on the shoulder belt. Driver's side has been used for maybe 30 hours, passenger's side for more like 2 hours. I will likely have the correct mounting hardware for Subaru's as well... depends on what comes with the new belts I buy.

Everything is in crazy good condition... it's a shame I can't just have them inspected and get a new cert sewed on, because they're in excellent condition.

I'll sell them for $100/each. Pictures to come once I take them out of the car.
Old 2012-03-28, 02:04 PM   #2
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

You can often send them in to get "re-webbed" I know the belts I use in my "RS" can be re-webbed. i was told the re-webbing cost is about $75, but mine are 83 new so i didn't bother. I think your belts are a lot more new, so maybe call the manufacturer to see if that's an option.

My belts are Pyrotect , and i Called paul Eklund at get-primitive.com (cause that's where i bought my belts) hopefully its not just that brand of belt...

might be worth exploring if you plan to pdx/time trial in the next 2-3 years

Or if they Can't be re-webbed it might be worth finding belts that can be ...

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 02:07 PM   #3
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
You can often send them in to get "re-webbed" I know the belts I use in my "RS" can be re-webbed. i was told the re-webbing cost is about $75, but mine are 83 new so i didn't bother. I think your belts are a lot more new, so maybe call the manufacturer to see if that's an option.

My belts are Pyrotect , and i Called paul Eklund at get-primitive.com (cause that's where i bought my belts) hopefully its not just that brand of belt...

might be worth exploring if you plan to pdx/time trial in the next 2-3 years

Or if they Can't be re-webbed it might be worth finding belts that can be ...
Shipping to/from New Zealand plus rewebbing costs is more than just buying new harnesses. I already looked into it with RaceTech. I don't really expect to find anyone willing to reweb harnesses they didn't originally make... at least RJS has already refused.
Old 2012-03-28, 03:02 PM   #4
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

Oh... well there is that problem...

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 03:03 PM   #5
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

I'll have to check the new harnesses I bought for the MINI? Would you be able to run the stock seatbelt along with an outlawed style harness and be legal?
Old 2012-03-28, 03:21 PM   #6
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post
I'll have to check the new harnesses I bought for the MINI? Would you be able to run the stock seatbelt along with an outlawed style harness and be legal?
The car would be legal with the expired harnesses installed, as long as the factory belts are also still in the car, i.e. it passes tech. Now, whether or not I'm wearing the harnesses or the factory belts when I'm on track is a bit of a gray area... grid checks to make sure I'm belted in, but they're not checking the FIA certs.

But I doubt they'd let me on track wearing both belts. The factory belts would be a safety issue as they would obscure rescue from the 6-point if I were unconscious.

I already bought a new RaceTech harness for the driver's seat in the WRX. I figured for Time Trials, that makes me legal. Then I figured I'd just run my expired harnesses in the Miata and the WRX's passenger seat for PDX. My problem was that during tech last weekend, I was told the expired harnesses are no longer legal in PDX. So if I can get a few hundred bucks off the 3 more sets of harnesses I need to buy (which will be like $900 if I stay with RaceTech 6-points *sigh*) that's helpful. However, I may just get one more set of the nice RaceTech camlocks, and then get some cheaper RJS belts for the passenger seats. Either way, I'd like to get some money for my old harnesses, and give someone that's autocrossing some great belts for like 1/3 the price.
Old 2012-04-04, 02:25 PM   #7
WRXlerate
EJ22

Car: 02 Soccermom Wagon
Class: "sleeper"

Destroying V8 Egos 4 cylinders at a time

What color are they?
Old 2012-04-04, 02:56 PM   #8
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXlerate View Post
What color are they?
Black... except they're not for sale.

I forgot to update this thread... over on RenoSCCA, the for sale ad there turned into a legality discussion, and the result was that they *are* still legal for everything but Track Trials, and I've got a new belt in the WRX for running Track Trials, so I don't need to sell these.
Old 2012-04-04, 07:41 PM   #9
WRXlerate
EJ22

Car: 02 Soccermom Wagon
Class: "sleeper"

Destroying V8 Egos 4 cylinders at a time

I always miss the good deals on here, when I seen they were still for sale there was a glimmer of hope and now it has been crushed.
At least you don't have to buy new ones though, that was going to be a chunk of cash...