Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2008-11-05, 10:40 AM   #26
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV View Post
I personally, was simply ready to kill and eat the next Obama backers that came knocking on my door at 8am on a Sunday, because Crista had registered on his website... Apparently the door mat that says "LEAVE" isn't enough.
The first time they came by, I told them I was going to go vote early. When they cameback the next day, I told them I had already voted. Problem solved!
Old 2008-11-05, 10:44 AM   #27
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

FINALLY.

That is all.
Old 2008-11-05, 10:48 AM   #28
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

Ha! Phone pic...
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-05, 10:59 AM   #29
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

I think the absolute best part of this, is that we'll finally have a ticket that can pronounce "nuclear."
Old 2008-11-05, 03:37 PM   #30
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

All I can hope for is that the Republican Party paid Joe the Plumber over $250,000 so now he's back to being a nobody *and* he misses out on Obama's tax breaks.

Using uninformed people as campaign figureheads FTW!
Old 2008-11-05, 04:22 PM   #31
kidatari
EJ22

Class: Low

lol internet.

I didn't vote hard enough
kidatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 04:39 PM   #32
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidatari View Post
I didn't vote hard enough
Vote smart, not hard.
Old 2008-11-05, 05:42 PM   #33
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

YGBSM

Vote smart, vote.. S-Mart.

Or something.
Old 2008-11-05, 05:51 PM   #34
sti deede
EJ205

Car: '96 4runner
Class: none.

This, is my BOOMstick!
sti deede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 06:38 PM   #35
kidatari
EJ22

Class: Low

lol internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
Vote smart, not hard.
I didn't have the internet to tell me that I was doing it wrong. Damn you, real life!
kidatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 07:46 PM   #36
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

I said your words!!!
Old 2008-11-06, 07:27 AM   #37
MPREZIV
Token

And on the cover of today's Reno Gazette Journal, is my *real* dad!!! I think Nick is the only one who would recognize him...

I guess they were interviewing members of Reno's "black community" about their feelings on Obama, and they got my dad and my mom's best friend (doing his hair in the pic) while at my mom's salon.
Old 2008-11-06, 10:06 AM   #38
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Bullet: dodged.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politi...6196407&page=1

Quote:
Strains Between McCain and Palin Aides Go Public
Report: Palin's Wardrobe Is to Be Audited by GOP
By KATE SNOW

Nov. 6, 2008 —

Now that the defeated team of Sen. John McCain and Gov. Sarah Palin have gone their separate ways, the knives are out and Palin is the one who is getting filleted.

Revelations from anonymous critics from within the McCain-Palin campaign suggest a number of complaints about the Alaskan governor:

Fox News reports that Palin didn't know Africa was a continent and did not know the member nations of the North American Free Trade Agreement -- the United States, Mexico and Canada -- when she was picked for vice president.

The New York Times reports that McCain aides were outraged when Palin staffers scheduled her to speak with French President Nicholas Sarkozy, a conversation that turned out to be a radio station prank.

Newsweek reports that Palin spent far more than the previously reported $150,000 on clothes for herself and her family.

Several publications say she irked the McCain campaign by asking to make her own concession speech on election night.

The tension is likely to continue or get worse. Lawyers for the Republican National Committee are heading to Alaska to try to account for all the money that was spent on clothing, jewelry and luggage, according to The New York Times.

Reports of agitation between the two camps bubbled up in the final weeks of the campaign as Barack Obama began pulling away and the GOP duo was unable to regain the momentum.

But those reports are no longer in the rumor stage as McCain loyalists are now blasting away at the Alaska governor, who was a favorite of the Republican right during the campaign, but was cited in numerous polls as a reason why many Americans wouldn't vote for the Arizona Republican.

Perhaps the most dangerous allegation for Palin are reports in The New York Times and Newsweek that when she was urged by McCain adviser Nicole Wallace to buy three suits for the Republican convention and three suits for the campaign trail, she went on the now-infamous shopping spree at swank stores like Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.

A Republican donor who agreed to foot a majority of the expenses was stunned when he received the bill, Newsweek reported. Both the Times and Newsweek report that the budget for the clothing was expected to be between $20,000 and $25,000. Instead, the amount reported by the Republican National Committee was $150,000.

That wasn't the whole tab, however, according to Newsweek. The magazine claims that Palin leaned on some low-level staffers to put thousands of dollars of additional purchases on their credit cards. The national committee and McCain became aware of the extra expenditures, including clothes for husband Todd Palin, when the staffers sought reimbursement, Newsweek reported.

McCain Aide Calls Palin Family 'Wasilla Hillbillies'

There is one comment in particular from a McCain aide that guaranteed to heighten friction between the two camps. The angry aide described the Palin family shopping spree to Newsweek as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast."

It's unclear how much McCain knew about the clothing debacle. Reports suggest that he was kept out of the loop for fear that he would not approve.

Both Newsweek and The New York Times say McCain and Palin had little contact with each other.

"I think it was a difficult relationship," one top McCain official confided to The New York Times. But a high level McCain adviser told ABC News that the two had a good working relationship.

"He likes her," this senior McCain adviser said last week. "He's had no problem with her. He's very appreciative of what she's done."

The adviser said McCain and Palin talked at least once a day. He also said McCain frequently joked about how large Palin's crowds were compared to his.

However, press accounts today suggest that Palin rubbed many of the McCain aides the wrong way. On election night when it was clear that McCain would be giving a concession speech instead of an acceptance speech, Palin approached McCain with a speech in hand hoping to make her own concession speech, according to published reports.

Vice presidential candidates traditionally leave the spotlight to the top of the ticket on election night and McCain aides made it clear to Palin that she would be a spectator that night, not a speaker, The New York Times reported.

And when McCain and Palin split up in Arizona Wednesday, the personal differences were stark.

McCain drove himself home in a Toyota sport utility vehicle. Palin's departure was a grander event. She left with an entourage of 18 family members and friends and a Secret Service detail, heading to the airport in a motorcade stretching more than a dozen vehicles, flanked by a dozen more cops on motorcycles.

Interview Prep Lacking, McCain Staffers Say

McCain aides had numerous complaints about Palin. She was unwilling or unable to find the time and energy to prep for her disastrous interview with Couric. And when she did study, she astonished her handlers by her unsophisticated views.

She didn't know Africa was a continent, according to Newsweek. Fox News revealed that during her cramming, she couldn't name the three countries that belong to the North American Free Trade Agreement: the United States, Canada and Mexico.

Questions followed Palin home to Alaska. She was asked about some of the accusations from anonymous sources when she landed there late Wednesday.

Asked about the Fox report that she did not know the NAFTA members or that Africa was a continent, Palin said, "If they're an unnamed source, that says it all. I won't comment on anyone's gossip based on anonymous sources. That's kind of a small of a bitter type of person who anonymously would charge that I didn't know an answer to a question. So until I know who's talking about it, I won't have a comment on a false allegation."

Palin Insists She's No Diva

When pressed on what went wrong with the campaign, she said, "I certainly am not one to ever waste time looking backwards."

She defended herself against the notion that she is to blame for the failure of the McCain-Palin ticket.

"I don't think anybody should give Sarah Palin that much credit, that I would trump an economic, woeful time in this nation that occurred about two months ago, that my presence on the ticket would trump the economic crisis that America found itself in a couple of months ago and attribute John McCain's loss to me," Palin told reporters in Arizona Wednesday.

"Now, having said that, if I cost John McCain even one vote, I'm sorry about that because John McCain I believe is the American hero. I had believed that it was his time. & He being so full of courage and wisdom and experience, that valor he just embodies, I believe he would've been the best pick, but that is not the Americans' choice at this time."

She also rejected the characterization that she was a "diva" on the campaign trail, as one anonymous McCain adviser told CNN.

"If only people, y'know, come on up and travel with us to Alaska and see this 'diva' lifestyle that I supposedly live or would demand, because it's just false," she said.

Asked about her national political ambitions, she said, "I have not given it any thought in the context of making any kind of decisions at all, so no, just happy to be back here."

In one of her favorite coffee shops in Wasilla Tuesday morning, Palin summed it up this way: "Forever, I'm going to be Sarah from Alaska."

Copyright © 2008 ABC News Internet Ventures
Old 2008-11-06, 03:48 PM   #39
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

Wow, they just tossed her right under the bus didn't they?
Old 2008-11-06, 03:59 PM   #40
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

Pretty much. Its time for PALIN 2012!!!

Old 2008-11-06, 04:06 PM   #41
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

OMG! hahahahah!
Old 2008-11-06, 04:55 PM   #42
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

YGBSM

She is a fucking moron who answers serious questions with total gibberish. They might as well have held the microphone up to a rhesus monkey, I think the answers would have been about the same.
Old 2008-11-06, 05:32 PM   #43
knucklesplitter
EJ205

Wish in one hand and sh*t in the other...

If you didn't see this before the election check it out. Lots of fun at Sarah's expense, you betcha. Also, too, click around to find all the hidden stuff...

http://www.palinaspresident.us/never/index.html
knucklesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 05:34 PM   #44
MikeK
Captain Turbo

Car: 05 STi

Anyone see South Park last night? It turns out she's actually a genius.
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 05:45 PM   #45
ScottyS
EJ205

Car: 1998 Impreza Wagon, 1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan, 2003 Nissan Xterra
Class: tvFree

Yes, I'll fix it for you. Again.

Quote:
And on the cover of today's Reno Gazette Journal, is my *real* dad!!! I think Nick is the only one who would recognize him...

I guess they were interviewing members of Reno's "black community" about their feelings on Obama, and they got my dad and my mom's best friend (doing his hair in the pic) while at my mom's salon.
Dude, does he look like you or what? Now we know what you will look like in 20-30 years.
Old 2008-11-07, 07:27 AM   #46
MPREZIV
Token

It'd be more like 40 years... but now I'm not sure if you were joking or not... 'cause I'm adopted! I'm sure I'll end up looking more like Obama than my actual dad...
Old 2008-11-09, 01:26 AM   #47
ScottyS
EJ205

Car: 1998 Impreza Wagon, 1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan, 2003 Nissan Xterra
Class: tvFree

Yes, I'll fix it for you. Again.

Quote:
It'd be more like 40 years... but now I'm not sure if you were joking or not... 'cause I'm adopted! I'm sure I'll end up looking more like Obama than my actual dad...
They did a good job pickin' him then....you with long hair...yup.
Old 2011-04-20, 09:06 AM   #48
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Bump!

Trump/Palin 2012!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannit...ump-talks-2012
(I couldn't watch more than a minute or two...)

The only good news is that if Doofus and Doofette were to run together, there's basically zero chance of Obama leaving office. And while I'm not too happy with Obama's economic policy that prolongs the recession/prevents recovery, I'm pretty happy with his foreign policy compared to years previous. The Republican Party has officially gone to crap if those two have a shot at the ticket.
Old 2011-04-20, 09:26 AM   #49
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

I support this. There will be epic Daily Show's every day during the 2012 elections.
Old 2011-04-20, 10:00 AM   #50
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

One would think Trump might actually be good for businesses , and at least the stock analysts would love it and stocks would go up. If he took running the country as a business (and wasn't just concerned with boosting the profits of all his companies) things could go really well. like raising taxes on the rich , reducing out idiotic over spending , etc ,etc,

More likely he would just spend 4 years setting up the country so his businesses would be more profitable though ...

Obama has literally out spent every other president combined, (when looking at our new health care cost commitments) at a time that revenue is declining. I want Clinton back , Bush sucked really bad, and Obama sucks too (though less) but Clinton actually balanced a budget and made a Debt payment, not just interest payments .

Anyone else aware that the US got denied credit for the first time in history??? that's epically bad news our creditor later approved that request, but really the only thing that keeps us having everything "normal" is china continues to loan us money. that has to stop, we need a real leader who will make that stop by cutting spending (well fair and health care please, social security too, end the wars unless we actually steal oil to pay for them) raise taxes on the rich back to Clinton levels .

but we won't because we are stupid, lazy and feel entitled. eventually when our credit runs out, then and only then will we cut things, only because there is no other option.

boo

F U China!

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote