Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2008-04-14, 10:54 PM   #1
wrxkidid
EJ205

Car: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. 5.7l
Class: None :/

Cory, just put a 4g63 in it.
Thumbs down I need to find a way to stop attracting injuries!

So I got hurt yet again. Not super serious but thought I would share anyways since I have nothing better to do with my life.

Pictures are at the bottom of the post.

Last friday night I was at a friends when this girl who I kinda have a thing with calls me. Its pretty late, like 1 am. I answered the phone and she was in tears babbling on and I couldn't understand her. I finally calmed her down enough to find out what is wrong. It turns out her Ex-boyfriend hit her while she was at a party. So 3 other friends and I roll out of my buddies house to try and sort this situation out.
We show up and this kid is outside screaming at the girl getting in her face and making a huge scene. Another girl who I know was outside trying to calm him down and he ended up shoving her to the ground. At this point I was like this needs to stop so I tried to talk to him and calm him down. He was super drunk and just blew me off and went for his keys. Me being the good samaritan that I am told him he wasn't going anywhere and we would give him a ride home.
Well this pissed him off and he turned around and got in my face yelling and cussing about I don't know what. I was trying to stay calm and not start a fight so I just kept trying to calm him down. Well that didn't work and he started throwing punches. Now I didn't want to get in a fight over this whole ordeal so I just took him down to the ground to protect myself. So now I am on top of him holding his arms down so he can't hit me again, with one of my friends trying to calm the girl down and the other two just waiting around incase something happens.
Right about this time this kids friend walks out of the party and sees me on top of him with a couple other guys standing around. I didn't talk to the kid, but what I am guessing is he must have thought we were gonna jump his friend so he proceeds to run up and field goal kick me in the head. After this I don't remember much. My friends told me I just hit the ground like a sack of potatoes which caused my girly to freak out even more. According to her the kid who kicked me got the beatdown of his life for jumping in on something he had no business being in.
I woke up the next morning back at my buddies house with a splitting headache and could not open my right eye.
I went through the rest of the weekend with a lot of advil and Ice. Today I went to the doctor to find out that the swelling is not letting my eye move correctly which is causing the bluriness which the doctor said should go away. The bad part of it is that my orbital bone is fractured. Not severely, no surgery required I just have to be careful of it for about a month.
This whole ordeal made me realize that I need to think through how I handle things. Yea I was pissed off that he hit my girl and that he hit her friend too, then made me even madder when he tried to drive off. I know I went about it the wrong way which is why I am not gonna press any charges seeing as there is really no significant damage done.

OK well now that I typed that huge post out I will reward you with some pictures.

Old 2008-04-14, 10:59 PM   #2
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

You should stick to the "My father beats me" story.

Take care man.
Old 2008-04-14, 11:38 PM   #3
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

Wounds will heal. In the end I think you did the right thing.
Old 2008-04-15, 03:40 AM   #4
Libila
EJ205

Car: '94 L

It sounds like you went about it alot better than most would.

I know people who break knee caps for cheap. PM me if you'd like me to get you in touch with them.
Libila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 06:22 AM   #5
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

Sounds like you were way more reserved than I would have been. Kudos to that. Feel better bro!
Old 2008-04-15, 08:33 AM   #6
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

Image saved. I think that pic might replace the one of Scott's face. Seriously though, you need to be careful with stuff like that. My brother-in-law did the same thing and got a shotgun blast to the leg and almost died.
Old 2008-04-15, 09:19 AM   #7
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Props for doing the right thing keeping the drunk girl-punching idiot off the road. But tell your friends they need to do a better job of watching your back if you get in a scuffle. I almost can't blame the kicker for going after you, 'cause his buddy is on the ground getting jumped as far as he can tell. Your friends needed to intercept him and make him to take his drunk friend home 'cause he's hitting women.

Hope your broken face heals up quickly!
Old 2008-04-15, 11:51 AM   #8
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

Man you're ugly.

OH, that was after the kick.

I keed. Is anything going to happen legally with the kid that gave you the boot?
Old 2008-04-15, 09:03 PM   #9
wrxkidid
EJ205

No because there is no severe damage and I really don't want to deal with the whole legal system, and like Scott said for all he know the kid was getting beaten on.

Another thing is if I pressed charges, the original kid I tackled could come right back and slap a charge on me for tackling him even though he hit me first.

Life goes on.
Old 2008-04-15, 09:16 PM   #10
Bob Danger
Tape Terrorist

Car: ?
Class: Retired!

Warning: Prolonged eye contact may cause insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libila View Post
I know people who break knee caps for cheap. PM me if you'd like me to get you in touch with them.
http://seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5094
Bob Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 11:09 PM   #11
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Ouch, hope your face heals quickly.
Old 2008-04-16, 10:59 AM   #12
sti deede
EJ205

Car: '96 4runner
Class: none.

Dude you look like Rocky!
You did the right thing. I hope that it heals quickly.
sti deede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 08:42 PM   #13
wrxkidid
EJ205

Thanks guys. The vision is slowly coming back which is good. I was a little scared about that.
Old 2008-04-17, 08:46 AM   #14
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxkidid View Post
Thanks guys. The vision is slowly coming back which is good. I was a little scared about that.
Really? How many fingers am I holding up?

Old 2008-04-17, 09:04 AM   #15
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Your orbital bone is fractured?! If I were your mom, I would go find that kid, and tear ...... n/m, no preaching needed, eh? but I would probably press for something to happen to the guy who kicked you. You are the one who has proveable physical harm, and I assume you didn't break the other guy's legs (the one you pinned down), so he has no physical harm therefore no cause to go after you, legally anyway. Well, maybe his brain cells are physically harmed, but that's his fault.

I would be worried that this could cause some kind of health/physical complication when you're older. Did the doctor tell you anything about that?

Feel better ...
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 09:23 AM   #16
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknv View Post
Your orbital bone is fractured?! If I were your mom, I would go find that kid, and tear ...... n/m, no preaching needed, eh? but I would probably press for something to happen to the guy who kicked you. You are the one who has proveable physical harm, and I assume you didn't break the other guy's legs (the one you pinned down), so he has no physical harm therefore no cause to go after you, legally anyway. Well, maybe his brain cells are physically harmed, but that's his fault.

I would be worried that this could cause some kind of health/physical complication when you're older. Did the doctor tell you anything about that?

Feel better ...
You're probably right... at least from a legal standpoint... that wrxkidid is owed some compensation for his pain. But there was a time when stuff like this just got chalked up as "a scuffle" and "a learning experience".

As long as there's no permanent damage, I think the end result of this is that everyone will learn a little lesson about being a little more patient when dealing with a crappy situation. It's not like this is going to start a turf war between rival gangs, or get someone shot the next time they're all at a party. There's no need to legally assign blame, and get the authorities involved to prevent future issues. It was a misunderstanding, and unless the drunk guy and his friend are total belligerent idiots, this will blow over. Hell, even having an adult conversation about what went down would probably clear up everything.

I'd be a shame to get the kicker sent off to jail and ruin his adult life with felony assault when all he thought he was doing was rescuing his friend from a beat-down. If anything legal should take place, it's the girl suing her ex-boyfriend for being a worthless excuse of a man.
Old 2008-04-17, 07:52 PM   #17
wrxkidid
EJ205

The doctor said the only thing that the fracture will leave is a bump on the bone, and since its outward facing it wont impeade the eye.

Im not pressing charges. Yea It was a scuffle, it happens. Its not the first and probably wont be the last. If he keeps doing stupid stuff like this I will have to do something, this weekend we will see but I guess the kid who kicked me got the beatdown of his life so I kinda doubt it, I think he learned his lesson. Im gonna get shit on the ambulance tomorrow for my shiner though

I definatly learned some lessons especially to hold my temper, even though in that situation, I am pretty proud (and lucky I hadn't been drinking) that I held my self from showing up and just rolling him.
Old 2008-04-21, 07:31 AM   #18
left footed whooten
EJ251

Car: 06 WRX wagon CGM
Class: Stuck working weekends

Good on ya for getting in there. Your boys could maybe have been doing some tighter defense, but good for you for getting in there.