Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Motorsports Chat

Motorsports Chat Autocross, rallycross, and track event planning, as well as general motorsport discussion.

Old 2009-06-11, 04:53 PM   #226
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

It WILL be a clusterfuck, but it's my cluster fuck so I'll make the best of it. Plus, I here theres like 14 people signed up for autofest.
Old 2009-06-14, 03:40 AM   #227
wrxkidid
EJ205

Car: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. 5.7l
Class: None :/

Cory, just put a 4g63 in it.

Quote:
Watch the hottest girls in Reno compete in EAF famous Bikini Contest
Being the hottest girl in reno is like being the smartest kid with autism... No offense to the females on this board or all your guys' beautiful wives and girlfriends, that part of the ad just reminded me of a quote on thedirty.com

Also, one of their live DJs is this kid named Pyro, whom I went to school with and is probably the whitest kid I know, and he raps...classic
Old 2009-06-14, 05:56 PM   #228
Dewey
EJ251

Car: 98 RSTi Unicorn!
Class: Street Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxkidid View Post
Being the hottest girl in reno is like being the smartest kid with autism... No offense to the females on this board or all your guys' beautiful wives and girlfriends, that part of the ad just reminded me of a quote on thedirty.com

Also, one of their live DJs is this kid named Pyro, whom I went to school with and is probably the whitest kid I know, and he raps...classic
Lol, there are plenty of beautiful women in Reno, you just need to know where to look.
Old 2009-06-15, 10:10 PM   #229
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Lol, there are plenty of beautiful women in Reno, you just need to know where to look.
+1

and what's with all the damn fogies in our car club and SCCA.

OH NO, GOD NO, NOT NEW RACERS, OMFG Our Car club might survive in the future!!!

IMO this could be way awesome. Might just convince a few kids that legal racing is where its @!

Shit 2 guys i bought out to the last autoX where in an RX-7, are way into JDM and drifting. my buddy Gabe actually did a bunch of drift competitions and he was running pretty close to my pace in my car when i let him drive it once. (.4 off?)

They didn't spin out, they stayed on course, they worked, they helped out a long time SCCA member with his tires when he had some issue with a lug that was stripped or something...

Retarded really , Should we make flyers saying people into JDM, Drift are not welcome? maybe just toss in "no one under 20" for good measure... just don't blame me when one of those kids drifts into your car on a public street because they feel they have no outlets at all to drive fast...
well maybe that pecticular type of kid is a lost cause, but if you have half a brain you should have gotten my point by now.

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 11:11 PM   #230
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
+1

and what's with all the damn fogies in our car club and SCCA.

OH NO, GOD NO, NOT NEW RACERS, OMFG Our Car club might survive in the future!!!

IMO this could be way awesome. Might just convince a few kids that legal racing is where its @!

Shit 2 guys i bought out to the last autoX where in an RX-7, are way into JDM and drifting. my buddy Gabe actually did a bunch of drift competitions and he was running pretty close to my pace in my car when i let him drive it once. (.4 off?)

They didn't spin out, they stayed on course, they worked, they helped out a long time SCCA member with his tires when he had some issue with a lug that was stripped or something...

Retarded really , Should we make flyers saying people into JDM, Drift are not welcome? maybe just toss in "no one under 20" for good measure... just don't blame me when one of those kids drifts into your car on a public street because they feel they have no outlets at all to drive fast...
well maybe that pecticular type of kid is a lost cause, but if you have half a brain you should have gotten my point by now.
What are you going on about?

SCCA has had repeated problems with the traditional import crowd. Most kids are not like your example in the rx7 or like all of us Subaru people circa 2003 when we joined up. For the most part, the ricer stereotype holds true, and people that come out in unsafe cars with fast n furious attitudes (ie the street racer types) are liabilities to the SCCA. Keeping our sites and our insurance depends on running organized safe events.

The SCCA wouldn't have such a problem with having so many old geezers if a higher percentage of young guys weren't douchebag street racers with something to prove. People like you, me, and the rest of the folks here that participate in sanctioned motorsports are not the norm for the 20 to 30 year old crowd. The sad fact of the matter is that by far the age group is made up of people that dont have the humility to put up with the structured environment of SCCA.
Old 2009-06-16, 04:37 PM   #231
20psiMR
EJ18

Car: 06 Evolution MR
Class: #20 SM

Do WORK son!

Bleh, I have to leave for Oklahoma for work on the 24th. Looks like Im missing another event
Chris #20 SM
ROBISPEC ///
WORKS / WHITELINE / ADVAN RS / RE-01R / ZEITRONIX
PERFORMANCE FRICTION / ETS / FERODO / COSWORTH

My Picture Thread and Dyno Sheet
Tuned by ME!
20psiMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 06:33 PM   #232
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Lame.
Old 2009-06-17, 10:03 PM   #233
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Oh dear lord.

Something tells me on Sunday, we're going to see lots of course workers running to pick up stuff like bumpers, scoops, and underbody-neon.
I was probably going on about comments like that

Yes of course there's a risk that we will only get immature kids, who could possible reject the structure and act out. But my point is Our attitude of Expecting them to do that, will be an influence on them, probably to do exactly what you are thinking.

if instead we treat them as if they are going to obey the rules, they just might. (Guess not that you personally are going to be out there)

I love prejudice as much as the next guy, guess i just love pointing it out even more. Carry On! Carry On! (glad to see you are back to normal!)

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 10:33 PM   #234
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Alex, there is a large market for kids who are exactly what we don't need to get in large numbers at autocross,and you are quite aware of this. Can you think of a single bigger draw for that type of person than the Xtreme Autofest Dance Club Doriftorama that's happening adjacent to us this weekend? I can't.

Nobody here thinks that there is absolutely zero cross-section of young people who will be quality additions to our autocross contingent out here, but the percentage is pretty slim, and there WILL be the asshats we try to avoid at all costs coming along for the ride. Might we get some members out of their crowd that we are happy to have with us on a regular basis? Sure. Is it more likely that someone will do something stupid like drift into a parking barrier (or worse, a courseworker and/or spectator who didn't think he had to stay on the other side of said parking barriers)? Absolutely.
Old 2009-06-17, 10:51 PM   #235
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
I was probably going on about comments like that

Yes of course there's a risk that we will only get immature kids, who could possible reject the structure and act out. But my point is Our attitude of Expecting them to do that, will be an influence on them, probably to do exactly what you are thinking.

if instead we treat them as if they are going to obey the rules, they just might. (Guess not that you personally are going to be out there)

I love prejudice as much as the next guy, guess i just love pointing it out even more. Carry On! Carry On! (glad to see you are back to normal!)
Actually, I will be out there. In fact, I'm the safety steward for the event, i.e. the guy that's going to have to kick out the idiots that decide to try to drift the course and risk the safety of the courseworkers. I think I may be the person that should be most concerned with the possibility of a bunch of immature ricers showing up to run. And I always treat people as though I expect them to obey the rules. That's the reason I get pissed when people don't obey the rules... I expected them to known better!

If I've learned anything about the import tuner crowd, it's that prejudice towards expecting asshattery is usually warranted. In fact, usually the asshattery exceeds expectations. Do I hope a bunch of tools show up to race just so I can be "right"? Hell no! The last thing I want to deal with is kicking out people from the race, or worse shutting down an unsafe event. But it wouldn't be the first time SCCA's had to do such a thing.
Old 2009-06-18, 09:01 PM   #236
Jeikun
EJ22

Car: 2006 WRX Limited
Class: little to none

I'm gonna try to make it out there! I'm pretty excited for it, actually.

AFAIK, SCCA has a pretty strict spectator policy on this event. What if I were to have some friends that wanted to come and watch, what would that be like for them? Any fees? Where would they be able to sit/watch?

Edit: What about passengers?

Last edited by Jeikun; 2009-06-18 at 09:55 PM.
Jeikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 09:48 PM   #237
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

We can definately support people that come just to watch. You just have to sign the waiver and get a wristband.
Old 2009-06-18, 11:33 PM   #238
wrxkidid
EJ205

And unless it has changed, with a waiver and a wrist band you can ride too.
Old 2009-06-18, 11:58 PM   #239
WRX06TR
EJ251

Car: 2005 STi
Class: MadtyteTunerBro!

Back to the studio!

BTW I saw in the paper the other day that the Xtreme thing doesn't start until 3pm. So that should keep them out.
WRX06TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 06:09 PM   #240
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

GSR Next weekend, temps should be in the mid 90's!!!! I just finished drawing out the course...with some nasty influence from Silverstone this should kick ass.
Old 2009-06-21, 06:26 PM   #241
moose
EJ22

Car: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: getting beat in DSP

Pain doesn't affect me, I affect pain.

Sweet. Don't forget to give me a call.
Old 2009-06-21, 09:46 PM   #242
wrxkidid
EJ205

I work in the morning both days saturday and sunday but im gonna try and make it out to the afternoon runs.
Old 2009-06-22, 09:26 AM   #243
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Make sure you're there by 11:30. We're expecting big crowds.
Old 2009-06-22, 03:36 PM   #244
szucchet
EJ22

Car: 2004 Subaru STI
Class: 04 TSM

smooth is fast

A going to try to make it this weekend but a leaky rear brake piston might not let me run
szucchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 03:29 PM   #245
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Great weekend everyone. Thanks to Matt for making a great track and a great event and thank to everyone who helped make it happen.
Old 2009-06-28, 03:30 PM   #246
van
SECCS Brewmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
Great weekend everyone. Thanks to Matt for making a great track and a great event and thank to everyone who helped make it happen.
x2
van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 09:12 PM   #247
WRX06TR
EJ251

Car: 2005 STi
Class: MadtyteTunerBro!

Back to the studio!

Quote:
xeleventybillion. Thanks Matt and everybody else who contributed!
WRX06TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 06:26 AM   #248
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

Great weekend! Insanely hot. Thanks everybody!

that is all
Old 2009-06-29, 09:48 AM   #249
WRXlerate
EJ22

Car: 02 Soccermom Wagon
Class: "sleeper"

Destroying V8 Egos 4 cylinders at a time

Didn't have the car ready in time but I did make it out on saturday morning. All I have to say is I can't wait until I actually get to run my car.
There are some damn good drivers out there! There were a few subies I'd be proud to race with, and if I'm lucky maybe I'll get one of you to ride along w/me for some pointers. I just wish I knew who was who from this board. A friend pointed out Cory's car but I never did run into him.
Old 2009-06-29, 11:03 AM   #250
szucchet
EJ22

Car: 2004 Subaru STI
Class: 04 TSM

smooth is fast

Quote:
X2
szucchet is offline   Reply With Quote