Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2004-10-09, 08:14 PM   #1
dustinr
EJ18

Car: '04 Porsche Turbo X50, '05 STi, '05 Evo MR, '02 Ducati 998, '02 Ducati MH900e

love the quote "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"
Default Canadian STi's come with heated seats?

I was just looking at the Canadian STi web site (which by the way is a hell of a lot better than the US Subaru STi web-site) and it says that their STi's come with dual zone heated seats and a rear seat trunk pass-thru. What's up with that!? I want heated seats! Damn canooks! Eh...

http://www.wrx-sti.ca
dustinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 08:18 PM   #2
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

They've gotten them for a while. You can buy aftermarket ones if you want.
Old 2004-10-09, 10:54 PM   #3
BOO
EJ205

Car: 12+tires
Class: Spec.

without hard work, nothing grows but weeds

Cool site... and I agree on having the STi's carry Heated seats from the factory...

GC,GD,GM
BOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 09:22 AM   #4
doubleurx
EJ205

You can do them aftermarket. I had just put them in my former wrx along with a complete leather kit. The whole kit including the seat heaters and leather cost me around $800. The seat heater kit was around $200 of the total cost. I will miss them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	july2004_013.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	1370  

doubleurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 04:27 PM   #5
dustinr
EJ18

Car: '04 Porsche Turbo X50, '05 STi, '05 Evo MR, '02 Ducati 998, '02 Ducati MH900e

love the quote "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleurx
You can do them aftermarket. I had just put them in my former wrx along with a complete leather kit. The whole kit including the seat heaters and leather cost me around $800. The seat heater kit was around $200 of the total cost. I will miss them.
Who did your seat work? They look really good! I have a seat I need re-upholstered.
dustinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 06:25 PM   #6
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinr
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleurx
Who did your seat work? They look really good! I have a seat I need re-upholstered.
Nick did it himself, I beleive, but I'm not sure where he got the kit.
Old 2004-10-10, 06:40 PM   #7
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

I think Nick had the Katzkins (www.katzkin.com) kit. There were routinely group buys on NASIOC for them about twice a year... although I don't know if they still do that, because there was almost always some drama involved with getting enough people to pay in time.
Old 2004-10-10, 08:16 PM   #8
doubleurx
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
I think Nick had the Katzkins (www.katzkin.com) kit. There were routinely group buys on NASIOC for them about twice a year... although I don't know if they still do that, because there was almost always some drama involved with getting enough people to pay in time.
I did get them from Nasioc on a group buy that was not technically a group buy. (Scott you are correct, they are Katzkins). In fact, they just took the order and delivered at the advertised price. It is actually still going on under the group buy by ADT. They charge $540 for the basic kit and up charge from there. They have awesome instructions so you can do it yourself. It took me about 10 hours to do all four seats, the door cards and the heated seats, but I was sick at the time so I wasn't exactly moving too quickly through the process. It is a great kit and I highly recommend it.
doubleurx is offline   Reply With Quote