Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > Vendor Correspondence

Vendor Correspondence Press releases, announcements, sales and official correspondence from vendors in the local community.

Old 2006-08-03, 01:24 PM   #1
EQ Tuning
EJ22

Default Reno Tuning Trip

I will be in the Reno area this weekend (August 5-6) and I'll have time to tune a couple cars while I'm there. I had a couple cars lines up but one of them backed out. I should have time for another 1-2 cars while I'm up there.

This is a great opportunity for those of you in that area to get a tune at your normal altitude and save yourself a drive. Note that all tuning will be done on wide, straight, flat, low traffic public roads. If you do not feel comfortable momentarily reaching ~90mph in such conditions, this is not for you and you would probably be better off with a dyno tune.

I realize this is very short notice, but I figure I'd toss it out there if anyone wants to take advantage of the opening.

Thanks
-- Ed
EQ Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 04:40 AM   #2
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Nothing like routinely breaking the law as part of your normal business practices.
Old 2006-08-04, 08:30 AM   #3
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey
Nothing like routinely breaking the law as part of your normal business practices.
We've been through this like 1.5 million times.

People are either okay with it or not, and while I don't endorse it, let's just leave this discussion in the 2 or 3 other threads that it's already in, and simply suggest that people who are interested do som research and find out what's involved and make their own informed decision.

Ed asked me if it was okay to post this up, and since I don't stop other vendors from posting stuff like this, I gave him the okay. Don't make me look like the a-hole who tells him it's okay to offer his services here then allows him to be flamed... I'm not setting him up as a target. This thread is in the general forum only to make sure people can see it in the short timeframe Ed's got. It will be moved to V.C. soon, let's treat the thread with the respect we'd give it if it were in there already, and let the guy communicate with his customers.

If people really have something to say off-topic about this, bump one of the old "road-dyno" threads.
Old 2006-08-04, 08:41 AM   #4
knucklesplitter
EJ205

Wish in one hand and sh*t in the other...
Question

Ed, I'm not currently interested (on this trip up here for you) but curious if you do UTEC (especially the new SD firmware).

Thanks.
Matt

Last edited by knucklesplitter; 2006-08-04 at 08:44 AM.
knucklesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 08:42 AM   #5
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

No prob, I didn't know you told him it was ok. I only said something because it was in the general forum and not in with the other vendor stuff.
Old 2006-08-04, 08:52 AM   #6
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
No prob, I didn't know you told him it was ok. I only said something because it was in the general forum and not in with the other vendor stuff.
I probably should have posted something in the mod forum... but since we never post anything in mod forum, it never crossed my mind.
Old 2006-08-04, 10:13 AM   #7
EQ Tuning
EJ22

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesplitter
Ed, I'm not currently interested (on this trip up here for you) but curious if you do UTEC (especially the new SD firmware).

Thanks.
Matt
Matt,

I no longer work with the UTEC. I tuned several UTEC cars and the overall drivability and consistancy can't compare to a good reflash. Because of this I now stick propper reflashes only if its available for the application.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 2006-08-04, 10:15 AM   #8
EQ Tuning
EJ22

Quote:
I was wondering how long it would take for something like this to pop up .

I'm not going to go into the whole argument again since as Sperry mentioned it has been covered again and again. I'll just say again as I said in the original post... if you don't feel comfortable with this procedure, dyno tuning is the best choice for you.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 2006-08-04, 03:16 PM   #9
WRXRallyBlue
EJ22

Car: 2002 WRX Wagon

I'm still up for it. What does our schedule look like?

I just found out you were coming as I was leaving for vacation so I didn't/don't have time to change my oil and spark plugs before the tune, I hope that won't be a problem..

Edit: Unless someone is willing to help me with that tomorrow night. I don't have a jack stand for the oil change and don't have the courage to change my plugs by myself
Old 2006-08-04, 05:19 PM   #10
EQ Tuning
EJ22

You don't have to change the oil prior to the tune as long is its not in horrible condition. If you're switching to 1 step colder plugs, however, you should deffinately have those in before the tune. Don't be scared of doing the plugs. It takes some time but its not really that hard to do. I might be able to help you at some point during the weekend.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 2006-08-04, 05:25 PM   #11
WRXRallyBlue
EJ22

Car: 2002 WRX Wagon

Thanks. PM sent.