Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2004-10-19, 11:02 PM   #1
dustinr
EJ18

Car: '04 Porsche Turbo X50, '05 STi, '05 Evo MR, '02 Ducati 998, '02 Ducati MH900e

love the quote "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"
Default Does Tire Rack carry Speedline Corse wheels?

According to their web-site they do but I have yet to find them.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/speedline/speedline.jsp

I really like some of the Speedline Corse wheels but they're really hard to find and even harder to find good specs. Wheel shopping is driving me up the wall, I want a wheel that looks good but I also want something that's light weight. Hard to find 17" x 8" wheels with the 5 114.3 bolt pattern with a huge 53+ offset. I think 18's look good but I don't care for the weight penalty so I'm trying to stick with 17's. I've found some really cool wheels but of course they don't fit STi's ....ie: Team Dynamics ; Velox Performance, Speedline Corse, etc... the search continues...
dustinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 09:04 AM   #2
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

50+ offset is going to be very hard to find, but if the 05 is like the WRX, and 04s in terms of clearance, all the way down to a 45 or so should work OK...

Enkei RP03s come in a 17x8 48mm offset, but don't know if they clear the brakes.

The RPF1s will fit, but they are a 17x7.5 ET 48. There is a special order 17x8 ET 45, but I doubt anyone carries them in stock.

I have my guy at BuyWheelsToday.com where I got my RPF1s checking on availability of other options.

I think it is just going to take the wheel manufacturers a little time to catch up with this new higher offset 5x114.3s. I have some great ones on my A4, but nowhere near the necessary offset.
Old 2004-10-20, 09:45 AM   #3
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Acording to my sources, Enkei will have 50mm offset wheels for the 05 STI in about 2 months...

I would guess the RPF1s will be one of the first since they already clear the brakes nicely, all they have to do is take out some more material in the hub area. 17x8 ET 50 RPF1s may even be lighter than the existing ET45s at 15.6 lbs.
Old 2004-10-20, 10:18 AM   #4
khail19
EJ205

Car: 2016 VW GTI

Meets? We have meets?

Tire Rack used to carry Speedlines, but they discontinued them some time ago. I guess they haven't cleaned up their site yet.
khail19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-11, 01:32 AM   #5
Maxontheroad
n00b

I have been looking for them long too. But one day I was reading feed at Facebook and my friend liked Supertires feed post, I got curious and visited their Facebook page, I found much useful info about tires and tires makers, there was a link to the site Super Tires - The #1 New and Used tire shop in Florida
After visiting the site I collected some sets that I really liked. Next day I called them and we discussed the details.A few days later I went to the Supertires to take my set also I would like to add that the guys mounted my tires and I was just drinking coffee.
So now it's hard to find but possible.

Last edited by Maxontheroad; 2018-01-03 at 01:23 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Maxontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 09:06 PM   #6
jerr02
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxontheroad View Post
I have been looking for them long too. But one day I was reading feed at Facebook and my friend liked Supertires feed post, I got curious and visited their Facebook page, I found much useful info about tires and tires makers, there was a link to the site Super Tires - The #1 New and Used tire shop in Florida
After visiting the site I collected some sets that I really liked. Next day I called them and we discussed the details.A few days later I went to the Supertires to take my set also I would like to add that the guys mounted my tires and I was just drinking coffee.
So now it's hard to find but possible.
I'm not quite familiar with these wheels nowadays. I usually go to Tirerack and 4WheelOnline for car parts as they ran a couple of discount deals a year. I recently got a nice tri-fold tonneau cover and led light bars at good deals.
jerr02 is offline   Reply With Quote