Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2007-10-15, 08:16 PM   #1
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter
Default Your Cars Warranty is about to Lapse!@!$@$!

I have had like 400 of these calls. I wouldn't normally mind but when you call me at 8:59 and wake up my son... that makes me want to choke you out like a red headed step child. Half the time I think they just want to F with me. "Click *1* to hear about our special offer... [1] then it disconnects me. I am on the "do not call" list and I have QUOTE ""removed"" UNQUOTE my number every single time they call me. Tonight I actually talked to someone...

"Hi can I have the year and make of your vehicle?"

--What time zone are you calling me from?-

"I'm in Florida, what year is your car sir?"

--So its midnight where you are?-

"yes, can I have your name sir?"

--meaning its 9pm where I am, right?-

"ok sir."

--Let me give you my number just in case I get disconnected...-

"ok got it!"

--Can you repeat that back to me.-

"sure, you said ***-***-****!"

--Yep thats it! NOW TAKE IT OFF THE GOD DAMN LIST!-

"CLICK"

Bastard hung up on me. Tomorrow will show weather or not he took my number out of the system. OR if he added it to many other lists.
Old 2007-10-15, 11:18 PM   #2
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

Here's a life lesson, from someone who works in tech support/customer service. I'm not on phones anymore, but I have complete control over how situations get handled (top tier of response). I can make things very easy, or I can make them very hard. If you're nice, I'll do pretty much everything I can. That includes asking nicely even if your'e not happy. Beleive me, I hate the kind of stuff above even more than "normal" people because I know all the games and tricks and requirements, but I just level with the person right off, and you can usually take care of itto your advantage. Tell someone you're not interested, but you'd like to know how you can be removed from a list, or what requirements they have to go through to close out the call on their side. You'd be surprised what you can get done. I tell people I work in customer service right off the bat, and I get an audible sigh of relief every single time, and get stuff taken care of cleanly every time.

Now, yell at me and start cursing, and I have all your information to do whatever I want with, effectively untraceable. Like spam? Keep being a dick.
Old 2007-10-15, 11:24 PM   #3
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

HAhahaha! sybir owns the univerz!
Old 2007-10-16, 05:07 AM   #4
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
Yo sound the bell, school is in sucka...
(You can't touch this)
Old 2007-10-16, 07:07 AM   #5
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

They contact you in an attempt to get you to come to a dealer and trade your car in. Nissan does it too. I usually get more mailers than phone calls from SOA. Little do they know I threw away whatever warranty my car had a LONG time ago!

Oh, and the people doing the calling, usually have NO CONTROL whatsoever over what numbers come up in the automated system they're using. You can be as much of a dick to them as you like, but all you're doing is verbally abusing some poor starving college student who's getting paid $7.50 and hour to sit at a desk and make computer generated calls. I worked for MCI while I was going through tech school. I'd have TONS of psychos yelling at me about being on a "national no call list" and how they're gonna sue me. Made me care even less!
Old 2007-10-16, 07:28 AM   #6
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

I'm on the do not call list also. How can they do this when our numbers are on the list? Isn't that illegal? I don't even have a fucking warranty.
Old 2007-10-16, 07:59 AM   #7
NevadaSTi
EJ251

Car: 1994 Toyota 4Runner

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
makes me want to choke you out like a red headed step child.
I resent that statement.
Old 2007-10-16, 08:10 AM   #8
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

^oh go watch an episode of mythbusters.
Old 2007-10-16, 08:22 AM   #9
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV View Post
and the people doing the calling, usually have NO CONTROL whatsoever over what numbers come up in the automated system they're using. You can be as much of a dick to them as you like, but all you're doing is verbally abusing some poor starving college student who's getting paid $7.50 and hour to sit at a desk and make computer generated calls.
I know thats how it works, I have had several friends who have worked for the news paper and wells Fargo and even with my job I have to call people who are not expecting me. I am always nice and of course it has a much better result. But that conversation that I had was the 2nd time I talked to that guy that same night who obviously didn't remember talking to me 2 minutes ago(time it took me to get through the automated system). I was very nice to him the first time and he hung up on me in mid sentence saying "sorry im not interested could you..CLICK". So thats what makes me mad. If your calling me and trying to get my business, you have no right to be an ass.
Old 2007-10-16, 09:05 AM   #10
badrover
EJ18

Car: 2008 Subaru WRX
Class: TBD

The journey always outweighs the destination.

Doesn't the no call list expire soon?
badrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 09:30 AM   #11
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

I'm pretty sure that once you register a number it's on there for 5 years. It's a government site.

https://www.donotcall.gov/
Old 2007-10-16, 09:33 AM   #12
Double Phister
EJ22

Car: 2005 WRX STi

"I'm sideways and in control... I look good."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCC Do Not Call website
The do-not-call rules require callers that aren’t exempt from the rules to stop telemarketing calls 30 days after you register a number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCC Do Not Call website
If you receive an unwanted telemarketing call that you think violates the do-not-call rules, you can file a complaint with the FCC by completing the FCC’s on-line complaint Form 1088 on our Web site at www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html; e-mailing fccinfo@fcc.gov; calling the FCC’s Consumer Center at 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) voice or 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322) TTY; sending a fax to 1-866-418-0232; or writing to:

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20554.
Are these guys some how exempt? Maybe under the guise you already being their customer?