Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2006-11-06, 10:09 AM   #1
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP
Default The Bobs just called me in...

I am getting laid off at the end of the month. There's not enough work to support all of the staff we have right now, and I was the most recent hire. Not only are we short of work starting early next year, the boss is going to be in court for 3 solid months so he can't go out and solicit more work. With the loss of revenue from his billable hours and the lack of secured future work, Reno Engineering is going to have a lean year or two. On the plus side, they told me to come in for the next two weeks and go Peter at my desk, then two weeks pay on top of that. Plus, they are giving me a great refereence and told me to feel free to look for a new position from here and schedule interviews whenever I need them.

So, while I do have a good lead on a new jorb long term, it may or may not happen, so I'm taking suggestions for a decent part-time job in the interim. I'll probably take the advice I've given other people and deliver pizzas for a while (pay is not bad for unskilled work, hours are flexible, no stress or intellectual strain) but I'm open to basically anything that pays decent, has flexible scheduling options since I start on-campus classes in January, and isn't retail or sales.
Old 2006-11-06, 11:04 AM   #2
sp00ln
EJ205

That sucks man. Sorry to hear about that.

What classes are you taking, and where?
Old 2006-11-06, 11:14 AM   #3
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

Sucks man.

Hope things turn around. If I see anything, I'll let you know.
Old 2006-11-06, 11:19 AM   #4
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

Shit dude. Well at least you will have backup from your overheads while finding another job. Good luck mang. I'd say apply here... but taxes and engineering are just a tad bit different.