Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2011-11-03, 08:34 AM   #1
rory_a
EJ251

Car: Miata, shit.
Class: Out Classed

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!
Default Nasioc to do Top Scoob for Stancers, I want in

Gonna attempt to make the longest first post in a thread ever. Not really, just should have started a build thread rather than this one, and don't want to create an additional thread to refer back to this one.........

The How, The Why, The Build, The Destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

*** Sorry for the terrible pic quality, iPhone 3s FTL Better pics everntually... ***

The Build

So here’s the story on how and why I picked up an ’04 STi, how and why I modded it, and how it’s used, and abused.

In July, 2010, I bought a high-mileage 2007 WRX Wagon to use as a fun, practical daily driver. My Grand Cherokee was starting to give me fits, and at 150k I knew it wouldn’t be daily material for much longer.

No intentions of any real mods, and this was my first Subaru. I had always wanted an STi, but I was a terribly underpayed internet guy at an online snowboard shop, an STi wasn’t in the books. I quickly replaced the stock wheels with a set of Rotas - 17x7.5 G-Forces in Flat Black, with a set of used 225/45 RE070s.

I did a little poking around, joined a local Subaru forum, ended up replacing a failing stock clutch with a used Exedy Stage 1, and picked up a used Invidia downpipe at the same time. Found a Biltz Nur Spec Tourning catback, had the car reflashed to Stage 2, competed in a double-header autocross weekend, and started looking for and picking up autocross oriented suspension components.

A few months later, in March of 2011, just after securing a new job (with a drastic paycut) and a few days before starting it, I was dropping off my wagon at KSpeed/KStech in Sparks, NV, to have the suspension components (springs, struts, etc) installed, an alignment, and a check-up of the tune as I was experiencing something along the lines of boost surge. I had parked next to a clean silver STi and said to Matt Taylor, owner of KSpeed and KSTech: “I still wish I could afford an STi.” “Well, that one’s for sale, and it’s got a brand new engine. Bone stock though, putting the whole thing back to stock.”

Sunday night I posted the wagon for sale. Monday (my first day at the new job), after work, I showed the car to an interested party. Friday afternoon I was signing loan papers for the STi. Why? While the STi cost a little more than I owed on the wagon, my loan rate was so good I saved a couple hundred a month, making my new paycut a little easier to live with.

Within the next couple of months I installed the RCE Yellow springs on the stock struts, the matte black limited run 17x8 +45 RPF1 wheels that I had bought for the wagon, Com C and Group N strut tops, and a few other bits. I had just finished break-in of the new engine, and had a stock tune flashed. That weekend I ran my in third autocross event, first in the new car.

Being unhappy with the ride of the stock suspension and seats, I tracked down a set of used Momo seats. They were firm, and a bit too aggressive. More supportive and more comfortable than stock, but not good for 40+ miles a day, everyday. I tinted the windows too, so the sun wouldn’t eat up the blue interior, and to hide the fact that the interior was blue:

Somewhere along the line I decided I should rejuvenate my Grand Cherokee – use it as a winter beater and summer dirt toy. I’m about to redo the suspension again to go bigger and higher, but I went from a 2” lowered, 20” bling machine street Jeep to the below, 3” lifted, 31” tire’d, dirt-ready 5.9L luxo-cruiser.

Then I decided to sell the last of my Volkswagens, a ’60 ragtop, pan-off, nut and bolt resto, all done by me, driven about 300 miles in two years. It was a waste to keep it, and I wanted some suspension goodies for the STi.

So, within a few weeks I tracked down some used KW V3 coilovers, used STi trailing links, new Kaminari adjustable lateral links, Project Kics lugs, some Cusco bits, etc. At some point I had also acquired a used Invidia N1 Street turbo back, 52mm Pro Sport Premium boost gauge in a SubieGal dash pod, and had KSTech build me one of their shortie intakes before a Clark Turner/KSpeed Stage 2 tune. I’m pretty happy with the power. Looking to pick up a ‘08+ STI turbo for a bit more juice and to avoid the ’04 turbo crack before it happens.

Unfortunately, my progress was delayed when we woke up to this one morning, a rebuild is in the works for this winter.

I was pretty happy with the way the STi sat:

But something was missing. The Momos sucked. Didn’t suck as much as the stock STi seats, but they still sucked. That got me thinking. Back before I bought the WRX I was about to sign a shitty deal for a creampuff of a 32k mile, 2006 Mitsubishi EVO IX SE in Tarmac Black – Diamond Black BBS, leather and suede, carbon trimmed dash, the works. Mmmmmmm Recaros. That's all I could think of when I thought of seats - that EVO IX SE, and those Recaros. It took a while - a long while, but after months of searching everywhere I could, I finally found a set. And bought them. And stared in awe.

A plan was hatched to have the seats installed and a new trunk shaved with a molded mines spoiler painted and installed before my wedding in July. 2011. Paint delayed the car coming back to me. It didn’t make it. We left the wedding in a cloud of tire smoke burning off the narrow ass tires on my dad’s freshly-finished, two-year body off resto-mod ’66 Corvette convertible. Shortly after the honeymoon the paint was done, turning this:

Into this:

After some doing, I had modified the Wedge Engineering brackets that came with the Momos enough to fit them to the EVO IX MR SE Recaros. Fvck yes. Some more searching, a lot of for sale ads, part outs, eBay, Nasioc, other forums….. and I had really good condition carpet out of an ’03, an ’03 WRX Sedan back seat, ’03 WRX factory leather door cards, and new floor mats from RSD. The last piece for this swap – a one-off leather seat cover from LeatherSeats.com. Charcoal/Graphite/off-Black leather with red double stitch – a perfect match for the EVO seats, the Impreza plastics, and just plain awesome. Install of the cover took a couple hours. Swap of the carpet, door cards, back seat, install of rear door speakers, etc took a few hours. Easiest interior job I'd ever done. Why didn’t I go for a fully matching leather/suede rear seat? Kids are planned for the not-too-distant future, and I know that leather will be way easier to keep clean and stain free than suede. I just didn’t want to risk getting upset if my future newborn got carsick going through the woods to grandma and grandpas house.

A couple last items to finish off the interior before I’m truly happy included a new stereo to play my iPod without any transmitters or other bs, and doing something with the center console to unsilver-ify it. Haven’t figured out what to do with the dash, but I tracked down a decent and cheap Pioneer head unit that let me change the colors to match my all-red lighting.

What’s next?

They should be here next week. Fitting them won’t be as fast. I’m out of money after selling what I could, so modding is going to slow down from here.

Everything I’ve done has been for one main purpose – enjoy my daily drive as much as possible, and be able to have fun on the weekends. The car’s been in a few autocrosses, a bunch of mountain/canyon runs, and a few blasts up St. Rte. 341 to and from Virginia City – also known as the Virginia City Hill Climb, or Spectre 341 challenge. Living in Reno has its advantages, and roads are one of them, weather being another. The STi won’t be on full-time winter duty this year – any bad days I’ll be in the Jeep, but unless I have to pick something up, drop something off, or there’s a foot of snow on the ground, the 40-mile commute is handled by my STi, in the soft, plush, warm and fuzzy comfort of suede covered Recaros floating on KW V3 coils at their lowest setting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

The Destination

Just read Ferg announce the upcoming Top Scoob to begin in January will be for Stanced Scoobs - I think all types. Saw a little note in the Stanced Scooby thread on Nasioc, not sure if it's posted anywhere else. Well, I want to see how far I can make it, how feeble my attempt will look compared to the rest of the world.

I just finished converting to a full black leather/suede interior using EVO MR SE Recaros - the leather and suede ones with red stitch. I also sourced an '03 WRX rear seat with arm rest, and covered it in black leather with red stitch. Then sourced '03 WRX factory leather door cards, and '03 carpet. Not sure how everything ended up being from an '03, kinda creepy.

Nonetheless, I think I may be one of the few entering this run with decent suspension components (expecting to see 90% of cars on BCs) and a thought out (rather than flashy/Brides) interior. So, I figure I have a microscopic chance here.

Anyway, the point of this thread was to request some help for work that needs to be done, and I'll modify my previous WTB thread with what I still need to make this happen. I blew my car budget on suspension, and a new set of wheels, and was planning on waiting til spring to do (and afford) any further work... What follows is the work that I need to accomplish to start to have any sort of fighting chance at this comp. If you think you can lend a hand in any way on any aspect, please let me know, I'll return the favor in kind:

Exterior/Body:
- Fender roll/pull, all four
- Install front lip (paint it first?)
- Re-Install Vortex Generator (yeah, really, trust me )
- Source and install '08+ STi grill and trunk badges, and trunk Subaru emblem
- Install hood struts
-

Interior:
- Steering wheel swap - want '05+ STi or, better yet, '06+ WRX airbag (only) if it'll fit my '04 STi wheel
- Wrap/Plasti-Dip console and vent surrounds (planning on carbon vinyl)
- Install Forester stereo pocket
-

Suspension:
- RCE Lowering Camber front plates, Vorschlag (or something else) rear, and an alignment (you ready Cory? At least 3*F/2.5*R) - Also thinking of having my springs powdercoated while the coils are apart.
- Need to get the FSB bushings from Ray and install F&R sways
- Dial in ride height for new shoes
- Install new shoes
-

Misc:
- Photoshoot

There's honestly not a lot there. My main concern is the roll/pull. Stuffing 18x9.5 +30 front, +33 rear after spacers, planning 255/35, so it's not going to be easy.

Pretty sure no pics of my car have made it to Nasioc or anywhere else, at least not recently. A lot's changed, and this will be the first time it's whore'd out. So it'll be an unanticipated entry.

There it is. Let's bring Top Scoob to SECCS!

Last edited by rory_a; 2011-11-04 at 02:44 PM.
rory_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 08:54 AM   #2
IheartSTI
EJ22

Car: 05 sti and 08 honda fit

have fun

Sounds like a great plan! Let me know if I could help. I would get in on the action but I want to wait for a top scoob "battle of the builds". For that I will have to up my game a bit though!
Old 2011-11-03, 09:00 AM   #3
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Cool. Keep us updated.
Old 2011-11-03, 09:27 AM   #4
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

BC's aren't decent suspension components? I'm super happy with the BC's on my outback... they're awesome for being cheap $1000 coilovers. Not that I have much choice, since the only other option for outbacks are Megan Racing which are more notorious that torious.

Keep in mind that a lot of the "stanced" Subarus these days are ridiculously modded... notched frames, cut-up inner fenders and the like... to get low/wide w/o bagging. Also, when you go that low and/or put the tire on the fender, you're basically committing to a show car, which is kinda why people go w/ cheap coilovers I think, since you'll never notice the handling difference of the better suspension unless you raise your ride height back up.

But hey, if you can put together a stanced ride that also handles well and isn't just a conglomeration of as many aftermarket JDM parts as you can afford, you'd get my vote.
Old 2011-11-03, 09:44 AM   #5
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

What the fuck is "Stanced"???

I'm bad at the internet.
Old 2011-11-03, 09:46 AM   #6
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

Wait, nevermind. A quick Google image search just made me facepalm...

Quote:
...and an alignment (you ready Cory? At least 3*F/2.5*R)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	poster_63nwafn6yq.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	6306  

Last edited by MPREZIV; 2011-11-03 at 10:16 AM.
MPREZIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 10:30 AM   #7
rory_a
EJ251

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

I'm shooting for Form + Function = FTMFW!

I have no issue with BC, and was going to get rid of the KWs for a set. I don't hit the track or autox enough to require the best, BCs are prefect for most people's uses. But, considering I have the lateral links, trailing arms, sways.... I'm sticking with KWs, and just working towards as clean as possible. Hoping clean and proper wins out.

Since there won't be a "too low to be practical as a daily driver, but you still daily drive it Top Scoob" Top Scoob, I figure this is my spot.

I won't be tucking tire. Won't be hellaflush. Won't notch anything or go with air. Hoping cleanliness works its magic though.

And Cory, I'm going after the same ride height, but want to get as close to a solid/aggressive daily/autox alignment as possible. I know you fought with the com cs on the last install/align, we're going a bit more extreme now.
Old 2011-11-03, 10:32 AM   #8
rory_a
EJ251

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

And Sam, I was wondering if you saw the announcement and/or were going to make a run. Also wondering if any of the F4 guys will be...
Old 2011-11-03, 10:51 AM   #9
JoeWRX
EJ22

Car: C63 AMG

oops...

Rory if you REALLY want to win a top scoob based on stance, you aren't going to be able to do it on lowering springs and meaty tires. Have you test fitted those wheels yet? Make sure they clear the struts. Those stance guys look for low offset, stretched to hell tires, and cars to be as close to the ground as possible, and I'm not really sure that's what you are going for (according to that post.)
There's a few things I'd recommend looking into:
Look at EVERY page in the stanced thread on nasioc
Search for a guy on there named "grippy monkey" (I think anyways) His car looks somewhat like what I think you are trying to achieve.
Check out the last stanced top scoob and look at all the entries, I think it was 2 rounds ago.
JoeWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 11:04 AM   #10
rory_a
EJ251

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

I've been through most of it - most of the new one at least, and much of previous threads. And one thing you see throughout, clean gets huge props, as much or more than cobbled together shit.

I'm not in it to win it. But can't seem to give up on car shows completely.... And not doing much/anything I wasn't planning. Just moving the schedule up.

Will look at previous Top Scoobs, the ones I've seen prove I don't have a chance - but worth the post/thread over there. Haven't seen Grippy Monkey's car in a while. Wheels are on the way, but I know how my setup with look, basically, based on this thread: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2234997 - but I'll be running spacers (as you know too well) to clear the brakes and rear coils. I'm also currently a tad lower than that, and will be at least running a V-Limited lip, if I can't track down a cheap Cusco.

And, I think the main thing that I'd have in my favor is that voting is limited to that stancers. Hoping cleanliness and tastefulness work in my favor.

Last edited by rory_a; 2011-11-03 at 11:10 AM.
Old 2011-11-03, 11:44 AM   #11
k-dogg39
Little Slugger

Car: 05 WRB STI Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Class: 39 TSM

I'm not crazy, I'm just passionate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV View Post
What the fuck is "Stanced"???

I'm bad at the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV View Post
Wait, nevermind. A quick Google image search just made me facepalm...

Not my thing but I will throw a vote for you since you are local. Good luck!
k-dogg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 11:49 AM   #12
rory_a
EJ251

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

Gotta start putting together a thread over in the gallery, putting together a mod list and whatnot. Need that up soooooonish.

Also going to need want a photoshoot, and thinking some snowy picks and a dark day are where it's at, will make the silver on black chrome so dark and dismal

Wheels on the way from Enkei in Texas. Second set they've sent to me direct through a third party purchase
Old 2011-11-03, 02:31 PM   #13
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

Someone explain the difference between hellaflush and stanced? Also, what's next? Flobbered?

IMO most of the Top Scoobs have turned into popularity contests and no satisfaction can be gained from joining. Especially if you are a lurker like you say. I will throw you my votes all day and yeah I think you will have sweet car but, at the end of the day, the competition is just on another level. I usually base my votes on the quality of pictures and clean looking qualities. It sounds like your interior fits the bill.

Although, I don't think I have ever actually voted for the car that ultimately wins, so what do I know.
Old 2011-11-03, 02:57 PM   #14
rory_a
EJ251

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

I'm honestly not the best to state the difference, but HellaFlush is typically wheels sticking out past the fenders, lots of camber, lots of stretch, lots of air setups, etc. The watercooled VW scene took this look and ran with it, including staggered, tucked and poked combos, air, etc. Most of the HellaFlush cars I've seen didn't look like the were fully thought out as far as driveability and whatnot - maybe that's just what happens when you have 2-4" of poke with 5*+ camber.

The "Stance" scene is typically dumped on coilovers, either tucked under pulled fenders or poked, stretched a little, and usually very aggressive looking. The Stanced Subaru thread shows both - some hellaflush, some not. I've planned to so somewhere in the middle - "kindaflush" - roll/pull, a little poke so the wheels are just barely even with the fenders, significantly lowered with a slight rake, etc.

All car shows end up being popularity contests - I got out of the old (vintage/classic/aircooled) VW scene because I was tired of building cars that were different from the norm, taking them to shows, and losing to the standard recipe (4" narrowed beam, 15x4&6" Porsche Fuchs, basic interior with no detail, etc) - I also lost interest in driving old cars.

I know I have no chance in winning, not even going for the win, going for the fact that it's been a tradition to enter a car after every significant stage of a build for many years, and many cars. At least I don't have to rent/borrow a trailer and tow to Sacramento/LA for this one

This has just motivated me to finish what I started, and install parts that have been sitting there for a while. And not wait til spring to fit my new shoes
Old 2011-11-03, 03:01 PM   #15
rory_a
EJ251

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

Good example of a Stanced Subaru from Stance | Works:

And a solid example of a Hella Flush car:

Old 2011-11-03, 03:17 PM   #16
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

po-ta-to, po-tah-to
Old 2011-11-03, 03:22 PM   #17
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory_a View Post
Good example of a Stanced Subaru from Stance | Works:

And a solid example of a Hella Flush car:

Same damn thing, IMO. I find it ironic that the guys in this scene tend to be the strictest when it comes to labeling what's what with their low suspension setups, but use the "hey man, we're artistically pushing new ground, stop trying to label us" when someone calls them out for being cliquish and fad followers.

Also, if you're going to take an "artsy" picture of your Z, you probably should move the sandbagged basketball hoop out of the reflection before taking the shot.
Old 2011-11-03, 03:36 PM   #18
rory_a
EJ251

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

this is very true. What it boils down to: once you're low enough that it's beginning to be impractical, go a little lower, and then a bit more, and you're "stanced".

I've found it ridiculous that most get bagged on by the "proper" crowd, they say "leave and let us do our thing, hater", then go bag on the "proper" crowd. It's a vicious cycle.

However, since I'm pretty damn low with a set of wheels on the way that will require fender mods, camber, and mild stretch to fit; it's not an epic build, high horsepower car, Forester, leggy, wagon, lifted, track car, and I'm not a lady, this is where I fit.

And what better to throw the scene a curve than a decently clean, marginally practical car?
Old 2011-11-03, 04:10 PM   #19
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory_a View Post
And what better to throw the scene a curve than a decently clean, marginally practical car?
Have you seen the Member's Gallery forum on NASIOC? That's exactly the type of person that gets reamed the hardest there. It's really the thing I hate the most about the stance/flush "scene"... sure I think the uber-low to the point the car is barely drivable thing as a "style" is silly in it's own right... but to each their own really. I've got way more respect to someone that does this than someone that drops tons of cash on an expensive BMW or Porsche they park in their garage as a status symbol. At least the hellaflush guys are actual "car guys".

But what really irks me is that people post up a reasonably modded car in the stance thread and the guys there are instantly "get the fuck out of here with that truck shit! lol". That's what's shitty about the stance scene... it's a popularity fad, and if you don't do things exactly the way the popular kids do it, you're out... and god forbid you're doing it the way it was done last year, 'cause that makes you a poser... there's apparently no such thing as a "little stanced". All the while, the popular folks are hypocritically defending their actions by ranting about how "unique" they are and that everyone else is just "hating" on their "pushing style to the next level" (ignoring that this has been done to death by the VW crowd decades ago), and the fact they ream anyone that wants to participate without doing it the exact same way they're doing it (again, so much for celebrating uniqueness).

Also, nevermind that you can't get anyone to actually define "stance" in some measurable way which would prevent the "confusion" of people posting things that aren't "stanced enough"... which of course is because really all stance is is having a low car while being one of the "cool kids" in the clique.

Anyway, that's my stance rant. Sorry to vomit it up in your thread Rory. Personally, I think you should focus on cramming the meatyest tires under your car as possible while still preserving the handling. Going low, wide, low-offset, and hammering/stretching the fenders is fine... just do it with lateral G's in mind instead of some arbitrary goal of being "stanced". Your car will look better, drive better, and won't suddenly be uncool in 6 months when the stance fad changes to whatever's next.
Old 2011-11-03, 04:19 PM   #20
rory_a
EJ251

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

Nice rant Scott, I'm on the same level.

My dad said to me the other day "I wouldn't go much higher with the Jeep than 4.5" on the 33s, it's already got a great stance on 31s." Stance always has been how a car sits. Plain and simple.

"Stanced" is, well, I still just tell it like I see it - those with most universal "stance" accolade have a lot of good-looking wheel, and a lot of tire, at an aggressive ride height, with an obvious functional influence. HellaFlush takes away from the function and goes for bigger wheel, lower ride height, at the cost of tire.
Old 2011-11-03, 07:14 PM   #21
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

I think stance is inside each one of us.

Like an aura.

Last edited by 100_Percent_Juice; 2011-11-03 at 07:16 PM.
100_Percent_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 07:49 PM   #22
GusGus91
EJ205

Car: 2006 WRB WRX TR, 2008 LR STI
Class: Too classy

Dont sweat the petty... Pet the sweaty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
I think you should focus on cramming the meatyest tires under your car as possible while still preserving the handling. Going low, wide, low-offset, and hammering/stretching the fenders is fine... just do it with lateral G's in mind instead of some arbitrary goal of being "stanced". Your car will look better, drive better, and won't suddenly be uncool in 6 months when the stance fad changes to whatever's next.
That's what I'm doing... I personally like it like that. That way the cars look good, yet still handle like they should. And Rory you of course will have my vote. Good luck man.

Old 2011-11-04, 10:47 AM   #23
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

It's a such a popularity contest, don't build your car for any NASIOC bullshit - and that's not because I'm an i-club admin

I've tossed the wagon in a few of them for shits and giggles. It's not car prep or mods or tasteful, it's whatever is "the mad sick craziness". What we consider an aggressive stance is what the fanboys over there will deride as a truck.

I have two heavily modded Scoobs, both have fender work, and there's no way you're running real tires on a drivable car at the kind of height that these children are trying to push as "stanced"
Old 2011-11-04, 11:32 AM   #24
rory_a
EJ251

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

Don't worry, I've built show-only cars before, never again. Just moved the to-do-by date forward a few months

I'm going to add a build story to the first post at some point, maybe today? Whatever pics I have right now? Hopefully?
Old 2011-11-04, 12:29 PM   #25
WRX06TR
EJ251

Car: 2005 STi
Class: MadtyteTunerBro!

Back to the studio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybir View Post
It's a such a popularity contest, don't build your car for any NASIOC bullshit
This x1million

That's all NASIOC is, just a popularity contest with a bunch of people who are stuck in their ways. Everybody will bitch about a WRX that is lowered on springs, has Rota's, and is stage 2, because it has been done too many times. But as soon as somebody does anything different, to be different, they all freak out and crucify that person. Just go look in the "Rate the Car Above You" thread...Build your car for you, do what makes you happy. It doesn't matter if you want to slam the car to the ground or strip it, cage it, and make it a race car.

The car scene (muscle, import, ect.) has got to be the most difficult place to try and bring a new idea to the table. Somebody will always hate what you do or what you have.
WRX06TR is offline   Reply With Quote