Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2008-01-30, 09:49 AM   #1
IheartSTI
EJ22

Car: 05 sti and 08 honda fit

have fun
Default FS: sti stuff

5x114.3 stock sti wheels, front stock sti brembo calipers w/ project mu pads, rotors, brake lines, sti front seats, rear seats, and steering wheel. I have not listed any prices because everything is best offer. pm to negotiate.
Old 2008-01-30, 01:58 PM   #2
killer60foot
EJ22

Car: 01 IS300

I'll give you five schillings for everything!!!
killer60foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 02:04 PM   #3
IheartSTI
EJ22

have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer60foot View Post
I'll give you five schillings for everything!!!
i prefer a third party out of state travelers check.... greg you know this
Old 2008-02-04, 02:12 PM   #4
Libila
EJ205

Car: '94 L

Sam, I haven't heard back from you on the Brembos. What's the deal?
Libila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 08:35 PM   #5
Rogue_Sti
n00b

Sam i want those wheels buddie...
Rogue_Sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 08:54 PM   #6
MorganK
EJ22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libila View Post
Sam, I haven't heard back from you on the Brembos. What's the deal?
Don't feel too bad; he failed to get back to me regarding them weeks before listing this thread.

Last edited by MorganK; 2008-02-05 at 12:42 AM.
MorganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 05:02 AM   #7
Libila
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganK View Post
Don't feel too bad; he failed to get back to me regarding them weeks before listing this thread.
Is that an informal "dibs"?
Old 2008-02-05, 10:16 AM   #8
MorganK
EJ22

Quote:
Is that an informal "dibs"?
No, I bought something else instead.
Old 2008-02-05, 10:10 PM   #9
IheartSTI
EJ22

have fun

Quote:
i called you a few times and no call back...
Old 2008-02-05, 10:44 PM   #10
MorganK
EJ22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartSTI View Post
i called you a few times and no call back...
The phone number I pm'ed to you was my personal number. It's on 24/7, and I never hesitate to call back unrecognized numbers in which have not left me a voicemail.
You may have called my old number? Voicemail is still active on that, and I check it every now and then. No new messages on that either.

I'm not in a rush to buy a bunch of stuff I won't be needing anytime soon, although the offer you accepted was very reasonable. Which is exactly why I thought you had bailed on the deal for everything.
I'm not upset about it, just bummed you made no effort to contact me (it seemed) at all once you made the move back here to Nevada.

Pm, please.
Old 2008-02-06, 09:26 AM   #11
IheartSTI
EJ22

have fun

Quote:
The phone number I pm'ed to you was my personal number. It's on 24/7, and I never hesitate to call back unrecognized numbers in which have not left me a voicemail.
You may have called my old number? Voicemail is still active on that, and I check it every now and then. No new messages on that either.

I'm not in a rush to buy a bunch of stuff I won't be needing anytime soon, although the offer you accepted was very reasonable. Which is exactly why I thought you had bailed on the deal for everything.
I'm not upset about it, just bummed you made no effort to contact me (it seemed) at all once you made the move back here to Nevada.

Pm, please.
i called a couple times i figured you were not interested. i dont need the money so i am not in any rush to sell anything. it will be in my garage until someone brings money to my me
Old 2008-02-06, 10:38 AM   #12
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
i called a couple times i figured you were not interested. i dont need the money so i am not in any rush to sell anything. it will be in my garage until someone brings money to my me

Let me get this straight... you have someone that was interested and agreed to sell to them, but since you guys played phone tag and didn't hook up to close the deal, now you're just going to let the parts sit for the 1st person to show up with cash?

Why not honor the original agreement now that you guys are in contact w/ each other? I'm not hearing Morgan saying he's no longer interested, just that it wasn't a big deal to him that it took a while to complete the deal.
Old 2008-02-06, 11:25 AM   #13
Libila
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
I'm not hearing Morgan saying he's no longer interested...
He sort of did...

Quote:
...I bought something else instead.
Sam shot my offer down, so if anyone else is interested in his Brembos have at it.
Old 2008-02-06, 11:42 AM   #14
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
He sort of did...

Sam shot my offer down, so if anyone else is interested in his Brembos have at it.
I was under the impression that Morgan was basically saying he didn't care about the delay in completing the deal. If that's not the case, then there's "nothing to see here" I guess.

What's weird is that Sam's not following through with an agreed upon deal (even if Morgan wasn't getting the phone calls, this thread was still active) and selling things as "Best Offer" but is shooting down offers. Libila, were you lowballing him or something?

Sam, how about posting up the prices you want if you're not going to take offers. This thread is starting to look more like someone testing the water for selling some stuff and not someone actually trying to sell anything. If you're really serious about selling these parts, then please make an effort to keep up with the thread and follow through with the sales. If you're not serious, it's no big deal, but let folks know so they're not wasting their time making offers you're not going to consider.

Hell, put a price on those Brembos and if it's low enough, I'll buy the damn things and engineer some brackets to make 'em work on my SVX, but I'm not going to go through the rigmarole of haggling a "best offer" price via PMs and phone calls essentially bidding against other folks behind the scenes.
Old 2008-02-06, 11:56 AM   #15
Bob Danger
Tape Terrorist

Car: ?
Class: Retired!

Warning: Prolonged eye contact may cause insanity

Quote:
Libila, were you lowballing him or something?
Tim will haggle on anything, even KFC.
Old 2008-02-06, 08:47 PM   #16
IheartSTI
EJ22

have fun

Quote:

Let me get this straight... you have someone that was interested and agreed to sell to them, but since you guys played phone tag and didn't hook up to close the deal, now you're just going to let the parts sit for the 1st person to show up with cash?

Why not honor the original agreement now that you guys are in contact w/ each other? I'm not hearing Morgan saying he's no longer interested, just that it wasn't a big deal to him that it took a while to complete the deal.
me and morgan already talked and worked things out.
Old 2008-02-06, 08:53 PM   #17
IheartSTI
EJ22

have fun

Quote:
I was under the impression that Morgan was basically saying he didn't care about the delay in completing the deal. If that's not the case, then there's "nothing to see here" I guess.

What's weird is that Sam's not following through with an agreed upon deal (even if Morgan wasn't getting the phone calls, this thread was still active) and selling things as "Best Offer" but is shooting down offers. Libila, were you lowballing him or something?

Sam, how about posting up the prices you want if you're not going to take offers. This thread is starting to look more like someone testing the water for selling some stuff and not someone actually trying to sell anything. If you're really serious about selling these parts, then please make an effort to keep up with the thread and follow through with the sales. If you're not serious, it's no big deal, but let folks know so they're not wasting their time making offers you're not going to consider.

Hell, put a price on those Brembos and if it's low enough, I'll buy the damn things and engineer some brackets to make 'em work on my SVX, but I'm not going to go through the rigmarole of haggling a "best offer" price via PMs and phone calls essentially bidding against other folks behind the scenes.
I tried calling morgan on more than one occasion to sell some stuff but for whatever reason it did not work out... i assumed he was not interested so i continued to try selling. i also put some stuff on nasioc and received other offers better then tims lowball of $150...
Old 2008-02-07, 01:15 AM   #18
Libila
EJ205

Quote:
Libila, were you lowballing him or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Danger View Post
Tim will haggle on anything, even KFC.
Quote:
i also put some stuff on nasioc and received other offers better then tims lowball of $150...
In short, yes.

I think it's just silly how offended Sam is that I made a low offer. He's trying to sell parts he no longer needs without setting a price. I try and get a good deal and that's a bad thing? I could understand if he said, "I want $600 for the front calipers" (which he does/did) and then I made a $150 offer, but if he's asking for offers he has to expect less than he's not willing to ask for.

Last edited by Libila; 2008-02-07 at 01:18 AM.
Old 2008-02-07, 09:54 AM   #19
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
In short, yes.

I think it's just silly how offended Sam is that I made a low offer. He's trying to sell parts he no longer needs without setting a price. I try and get a good deal and that's a bad thing? I could understand if he said, "I want $600 for the front calipers" (which he does/did) and then I made a $150 offer, but if he's asking for offers he has to expect less than he's not willing to ask for.
But you gotta admit, $150 is a retarded lowball offer.

That's like "hey man, nice Ferrari... I'll give you $5,000 for it... cash."

Even $300 is a really lowball offer for STi brembos. Which just goes to show, you're better off setting asking prices for everything and then sell for below if someone offers close to asking. Letting people set their own price has *never* worked in the favor of the seller. No one's gonna be like "STi Brembos!?! I'll give you $2000 for 'em!" when they're only worth $500.
Old 2008-02-07, 09:57 AM   #20
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

Edited cuz I'm stupid.

Last edited by JonnydaJibba; 2008-02-07 at 09:59 AM.
JonnydaJibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 12:18 PM   #21
Libila
EJ205

Quote:
But you gotta admit, $150 is a retarded lowball offer.

That's like "hey man, nice Ferrari... I'll give you $5,000 for it... cash."

Even $300 is a really lowball offer for STi brembos. Which just goes to show, you're better off setting asking prices for everything and then sell for below if someone offers close to asking. Letting people set their own price has *never* worked in the favor of the seller. No one's gonna be like "STi Brembos!?! I'll give you $2000 for 'em!" when they're only worth $500.
I agree 100%, but I had $150 sitting in my paypal account so I made the offer. If he took it then awesome, I got a great deal. If not, oh well.

I wrote Sam a PM explaining my actions and explained why he should set a price if he's already got a dollar amount in his mind.
Old 2008-02-07, 02:01 PM   #22
IheartSTI
EJ22

have fun

Quote:
I agree 100%, but I had $150 sitting in my paypal account so I made the offer. If he took it then awesome, I got a great deal. If not, oh well.

I wrote Sam a PM explaining my actions and explained why he should set a price if he's already got a dollar amount in his mind.
well to clear any confusion i will just ask $550... if you cant afford that send me a pm and we can negotiate.
Old 2008-02-07, 03:55 PM   #23
MorganK
EJ22

My offer on the brakes wasn't much better than Tim's. As a matter of fact, I would have sold the rest of the package and kept the brakes at no cost. That's why I thought the deal wasn't going to happen when I didn't hear anything from you when, and after you got back to Nevada. Even with a lack of communication via phone, I could have still received pm's in the same manner when we had first negotiated.

I think you ought to ship them out to a buyer on Nasioc unless you get a reasonable offer here; this classified section seems to me more of a bargain basement for locals rather than a top dollar, high traffic website like Nasioc.