Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2008-06-27, 07:52 PM   #1
wrxkidid
EJ205

Car: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. 5.7l
Class: None :/

Cory, just put a 4g63 in it.
Default i need some advice on action to take

Ok so two nights ago I was at my friends house when a couple kids showed up whom only a few of us knew.

Go to sleep pretty late, only to be awaken at 445 by this girl crying histerically that her watch that was given to her as a graduation present is gone. So I come flying out of bed to find my wallet. To my dismay my shit is strewn across the room and my wallet drained of 300$ cash and my credit/debit card is gone (i did cancel it). So now the whole house is awake, everyone is checking their stuff, the only other thing that was taken was a 400$ cell phone.

So i have spent the last 2 days calling this kid who knows the other ones, today we got the watch back, tonight the cell phone is supposed to be returned, yet they all claim to have not taken the money. Today my friend found my debit card shoved under the couch at her house.

My theory is they took the cash and the card then decided the card was a bad idea so they just tossed it somewhere.

Now what to do, the kids obviously are not going to give my money back, and i dont really think i can file a police report since its cash and it is my word versus theres although they did admit to taking the other things but they have been returned.

If I were to file a report i would have to drive all the way up to placer county, file it and drive back down. Not that far but with gas prices as high as they are thats like a 50$ drive not to mention all the time and effort the whole ordeal will take and time is money, so in short should I take the reeming I was delt or should I go through with the police report?

sorry for the long post im just pissed and have no idea what to do.

Spark notes: my cash got stolen along with other things, other things were returned but they wont return the cash.

Advice, please?

My friends all want to go find the kid and take the 300$ out of his face which I would happily do, but i forsee that causing more problems for me down the road. (Read: assault charge)

This thread could definatly take some help from derrik!

Last edited by wrxkidid; 2008-06-27 at 07:55 PM.
wrxkidid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 08:05 PM   #2
moose
EJ22

Car: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: getting beat in DSP

Pain doesn't affect me, I affect pain.

Well filing a police report might get your money back. But in order for you to get the money back, from what I understand, is that they get the money back from the crooks who stole it from you. If the police doesn't find any money they wont be able to give you your money back. I believe any way.
Old 2008-06-27, 08:20 PM   #3
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

Advice from me: I used to CONSTANTLY hang out with people/in places where shit like this would go down, as well as similar situations to other posts you've made and threads you've started. What cured the problem for me was getting rid of all of the idiot friends, even the ones I did kinda like, and finding people to hang out with that I can trust, and who don't have to spend all their time in a ruckus to have fun.

Probably not what you're looking for Bro, but that's really the first response that came to mind. I've done everything you're doing now, and it gets old fast...
Old 2008-06-27, 08:21 PM   #4
ScottyS
EJ205

Car: 1998 Impreza Wagon, 1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan, 2003 Nissan Xterra
Class: tvFree

Yes, I'll fix it for you. Again.

+1 Cory
Old 2008-06-27, 08:27 PM   #5
wrxkidid
EJ205

i agree. the problem was I had know knowledge that this kids would be there and when one of my close friends introduces them to the party, then I will admit i did let my guard down alot. I guess it only takes one bad apple right?

I definatly will never leave my wallet somewhere where they could get to it without waking me up from now on.

I got option D - Old school mafia boots and pyramid lake! ha
Old 2008-06-28, 04:07 PM   #6
Bob Danger
Tape Terrorist

Car: ?
Class: Retired!

Warning: Prolonged eye contact may cause insanity

There are other things of value to take from this guy, besides his health. My advice is to relentlessly stalk said person, learn everything you can about his habit's and life. At that point you have a number of options. If you learn something private, that he doesn't want the world to know, you can use that to begin extorting money from him. (Hint: Be sure to ask for more money than he stole from you, this will help keep him from finding out your identity.) You can also at that point remove something he loves from his life. Or, I call this the Bob Danger Special, using the information you've obtained you can set in motion a series of life altering events designed to crush his self esteem, and spirit. If done correctly this can create a scenario in which the subject destroys itself. (Advice: Psychological Warfare is difficult, but very rewarding.)
Old 2008-06-28, 04:22 PM   #7
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Take Cory's advice. Write off the $300 and drop the idiot friends. Once you're in school again, you're going to end up with 9 million new friends anyway, there's no need to stress over the chumps.
Old 2008-07-01, 09:09 AM   #8
sonicsuby
Wagon Ho #2

Also, stop carrying $300 in your wallet , especially if you're going to e leaving it out on where other people have access. Sometimes, even friends are tempted by $300 laying around. Besides, if you need that much cash, you should only be carrying it from the ATM to your drug dealer or 'lady of the night' for immediate payment.
sonicsuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 09:43 AM   #9
Dewey
EJ251

Car: 98 RSTi Unicorn!
Class: Street Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsuby View Post
Also, stop carrying $300 in your wallet , especially if you're going to e leaving it out on where other people have access. Sometimes, even friends are tempted by $300 laying around. Besides, if you need that much cash, you should only be carrying it from the ATM to your drug dealer or 'lady of the night' for immediate payment.
good idea...
Old 2008-07-01, 10:01 AM   #10
wrxkidid
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsuby View Post
the wallet was in my backpack underneath a lot of shit. You had to go looking for it it wasnt just chillin. The 300$ was in the most inside zippered pocket. My dad has taught me since I can remember to always have some money on you in case of an emergency. Plastic doesnt work everywhere.

I dont do drugs and pussy pays me...
Old 2008-07-01, 01:28 PM   #11
Joeyy
i can has kart?

+10000.....to Cory and I'm sorry but I can't really comment on stuff like this on line but I think you can probably file a report on line or over the phone. Placer takes reports over the phone all the time. If you have to carry cash, this picture may give you an idea (emergency stash).
Attached Images

Joeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 10:01 PM   #12
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

Just get married and have kids. You will never have to worry about money being left in your wallet ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxkidid View Post
pussy pays me...
Old 2008-07-09, 07:12 AM   #13
bign
EJ22

Car: 05 sti - 01 GSX-R 750

To learn your limits, you must push past them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Danger View Post
There are other things of value to take from this guy, besides his health. My advice is to relentlessly stalk said person, learn everything you can about his habit's and life. At that point you have a number of options. If you learn something private, that he doesn't want the world to know, you can use that to begin extorting money from him. (Hint: Be sure to ask for more money than he stole from you, this will help keep him from finding out your identity.) You can also at that point remove something he loves from his life. Or, I call this the Bob Danger Special, using the information you've obtained you can set in motion a series of life altering events designed to crush his self esteem, and spirit. If done correctly this can create a scenario in which the subject destroys itself. (Advice: Psychological Warfare is difficult, but very rewarding.)
holy shit
bign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 08:58 AM   #14
wrxkidid
EJ205

Yea bob is a little bit on the crazy side haha.
Old 2008-07-09, 10:52 AM   #15
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Crazy is a little on the Bob side actually.