Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Technical Chat

Technical Chat Ask and answer technical car questions.

Old 2007-02-13, 11:07 AM   #1
murphy
EJ22

Car: 03 evo, 06 R6
Default EVO tuning

Well since I went to the other side when getting the EVO I thought I'd wait to mod it..well that theroy went to shit fast...espacally since it was modded a little when I got it..
So friday he 23rd its off the Vishniu for custom dyno tuning...already on the car is a manual BC, 3" TBE megan DP/ test pipe/ Greddy evo 2 cat back. unknown flash, unknown upgraded clutch. well at least pretty much everything is bought for the RX-7
murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 11:16 AM   #2
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Car: 04 Evo 99 Cadillac
Class: street de le mod

Can't wait to see the results.

tysonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 01:28 PM   #3
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

Good idea going straight to vishnu, my friend dustin took his evo here locally first to forcefed racing and got his evo raped and then had to take it to vishnu anyways to fix it.
Old 2007-02-13, 01:39 PM   #4
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
Good idea going straight to vishnu, my friend dustin took his evo here locally first to forcefed racing and got his evo raped and then had to take it to vishnu anyways to fix it.
Apparently you don't know Vishnu's history with Subarus.
Old 2007-02-13, 01:55 PM   #5
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

I do, but he has an evo.
Old 2007-02-13, 02:03 PM   #6
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
I do, but he has an evo.
Vishnu had a big reputation problem with the Subaru crowd for high prices and bad customer service. Why does owning an EVO change that?
Old 2007-02-13, 02:24 PM   #7
murphy
EJ22

I will say that this will be the second time I've done face to face buis. with Shive. The first time he did work on a couple of evos belonging to some friends of mine very nice guy in person very helpful. This time I got nothing but effort from his staff in trying to help me out with a next day mail in and ret for the ecu (was thinking of a mail in flash). When I called this other evo place the guy was very unhelpful, and had the Blaah attitude, pretty much rude..so they will never get any of my cash nor will I buy any product they have.

**as for forcefed, that place has gone down the dumper since Brent sold it to the new owner...hell my friend Allan has gotten many cars that Forcefed worked on.**

Last edited by murphy; 2007-02-13 at 02:27 PM.
Old 2007-02-13, 02:52 PM   #8
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy View Post
I will say that this will be the second time I've done face to face buis. with Shive. The first time he did work on a couple of evos belonging to some friends of mine very nice guy in person very helpful. This time I got nothing but effort from his staff in trying to help me out with a next day mail in and ret for the ecu (was thinking of a mail in flash). When I called this other evo place the guy was very unhelpful, and had the Blaah attitude, pretty much rude..so they will never get any of my cash nor will I buy any product they have.

**as for forcefed, that place has gone down the dumper since Brent sold it to the new owner...hell my friend Allan has gotten many cars that Forcefed worked on.**
Well, Shiv did lose a lot of business back during the Subaru fiasco days. Sounds like he's turned it into a positive lesson. I know back in the day I was trying to buy some Vishnu tuned JIC coilovers (like $2000) and I couldn't even get someone to return one of my many emails and phone messages. When you repeatedly ignore people trying to spend two large at your shop, they go elsewhere. I know I did, which sucked because before they boomed, they were a great shop... even replaced my up-pipe with a flex-pipe for free due to fitment issues back in '02.

But rumor has it that Shiv turned his back on the Subaru crowd because he liked the EVOs better... which is his prerogative of course, but I've heard he's turning Porsches now, which would worry me if I were an EVO owner relying on him for support.
Old 2007-02-13, 08:09 PM   #9
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Well, Shiv did lose a lot of business back during the Subaru fiasco days. Sounds like he's turned it into a positive lesson. I know back in the day I was trying to buy some Vishnu tuned JIC coilovers (like $2000) and I couldn't even get someone to return one of my many emails and phone messages. When you repeatedly ignore people trying to spend two large at your shop, they go elsewhere. I know I did, which sucked because before they boomed, they were a great shop... even replaced my up-pipe with a flex-pipe for free due to fitment issues back in '02.
I'm still sore over teh JIC thing too. You were throwing money at us and Brett couldn't be bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
But rumor has it that Shiv turned his back on the Subaru crowd because he liked the EVOs better... which is his prerogative of course, but I've heard he's turning Porsches now, which would worry me if I were an EVO owner relying on him for support.
I wouldn't take Shiv a Subaru either. I'd trust him with an Evo though.
Old 2007-02-14, 08:59 AM   #10
jdk
n00b

Car: ww IX rs

allwork&noplaymakesjackadullboy

Quote:
Well since I went to the other side when getting the EVO I thought I'd wait to mod it..well that theroy went to shit fast...espacally since it was modded a little when I got it..
So friday he 23rd its off the Vishniu for custom dyno tuning...already on the car is a manual BC, 3" TBE megan DP/ test pipe/ Greddy evo 2 cat back. unknown flash, unknown upgraded clutch. well at least pretty much everything is bought for the RX-7
Just as another option maybe, me and at least 1 other Evo were going to either go down to Speed Element or GST for dyno tune and flash for around $5-600 in the next month or 2.Good tuning and w/ good customer service..but are also located in the bay area.
jdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 02:50 PM   #11
murphy
EJ22

OK went to get the dyno tuning done yesterday... Just for shits and giggles my friend and I changed the timing belt, balance shaft belt and put on a new water pump...ok this is what it made on a mustang roller dyno.. 282 awtq and 262 awhp on a safe tune. Over all thats pretty impressive. Suprised Shive that it made that much without cams of fuel pump. on a stocker with 91 piss water fuel. next step is evo IX turbo and fuel pump.
Old 2007-02-21, 02:52 PM   #12
Kevin M
EJ22T

Quote:
OK went to get the dyno tuning done yesterday... Just for shits and giggles my friend and I changed the timing belt, balance shaft belt and put on a new water pump...ok this is what it made on a mustang roller dyno.. 282 awtq and 262 awhp on a safe tune. Over all thats pretty impressive. Suprised Shive that it made that much without cams of fuel pump. on a stocker with 91 piss water fuel. next step is evo IX turbo and fuel pump.
Post it in the dyno numbers thread! Not bad numbers at all. Basically stock right?
Old 2007-02-21, 02:55 PM   #13
murphy
EJ22

posted it here since it was an update to the thread topic..As for whats in it..Now vishnu custom dyno tune, shitty sx MBC, turboSX Dp, custom Testpipe, Greddy evo2 exh, unknow aftermarket clutch, and A mutt air intake (K&N cone filter) forgot also threw on a set of brembo sloted rotors up front.

forgot to add this...gas milage went WAY up !!!

Last edited by murphy; 2007-02-21 at 02:58 PM.
Old 2007-02-21, 04:06 PM   #14
MikeK
Captain Turbo

Car: 05 STi

Nice numbers Chris!
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 04:13 PM   #15
Kevin M
EJ22T

Quote:
posted it here since it was an update to the thread topic
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you shouldn't have put it here... I just want to see the dyno plot.

Oh yeah, I just remembered- the guy who bought your old RS is on i-club looking for the previous owner. Want his contact info?
Old 2007-02-21, 05:51 PM   #16
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Quote:
Good numbers for wher you are starting. Be interesting to watch the numbers as you make more mods.

If you want the numbers over in the Dyno thread, please post the full details in that thread in the requested format.

Thanks.
Old 2007-02-22, 08:41 AM   #17
murphy
EJ22

As far as I know noone has bought it..still at the Mitsu dealer.
Old 2007-02-22, 09:22 AM   #18
Kevin M
EJ22T

Okay. The guy found the picture of my car and yours from an ollllld meet at Meadowood Bully's, and asked if anybody knew the rpevious owner. I am pretty sure he meant your blue RS and not mine.
Old 2007-02-22, 02:04 PM   #19
murphy
EJ22

so someone bought your old one? I know the last time I saw mine it still had not been fixed..I'd like to see the pic that the guy found.
Old 2007-02-22, 02:41 PM   #20
Kevin M
EJ22T

Mine was totalled out. I am sure it got bought at auction somewhere. I didn't know there was anything wrong with yours.

But the kid said he bought it at a Reno Mitsubishi and it had WRX wheels, so...
Old 2007-02-22, 05:59 PM   #21
murphy
EJ22

that does sound like mine. I guess they fixed it.. I did get hit a while back by some lady in a durango not watching what she was doing. Slammed into the driver side front fender and caused damage down the whole side..To top it off they fought it and did not want to pay out..so bye bye subie hello evo...you wouldn't happen to know what he wants to know about it do you?
Old 2007-02-22, 09:21 PM   #22
Kevin M
EJ22T

Gee, that damage sounds familiar.

I don't know what he wants, unless he's trying to find out if it was turboed or something, or if it had been repaired. Maybe Mitsu didn't tell him about the collision.
Old 2007-02-23, 11:50 AM   #23
murphy
EJ22

very possible and would not suprise me...my evo had the right tail light replaced and quarter panel work done..small impact area..they did not tell me about it when I bought it...if he really needs to know here is some infor if you want to pass it along...hit driver side front...damaged bumper, door and mirror..scraches in rest of that side. Was turboed back in 2001-2002 oct.-july. Had no problems when turboed. a new windshield put in I think 04. this past summer had a 60k service done on it..so new timing belts and what not. Also the old heavy duty turbo clutch / pressure plate was removed and a factory one installed...still has light flywheel.
if he is intrested I still have the trunk liner and an extra wrx spair. Forgot also still have stock air box

Last edited by murphy; 2007-02-23 at 11:53 AM.